PDA

View Full Version : "Winter is Coming". Thank the old gods.... Game of Thrones season 4 starts tonight!

Frank Trinkle
04-05-2014, 2:31 PM
It's been tough going through the withdrawal pains over the last 9 months awaiting the start of the Fourth season of Game of Thrones....absolutely the BEST drama EVER created for television.

But now the wait is over...thank the old, and the new gods! Season 4 begins Sunday night, and though I'm stuck in Nigeria for the next five weeks at work, I can download the latest episode on Monday mornings and get my "fix".

Can any show ever top this one? WOW!

"Winter is Coming"...

Cheers,

Frank

Bill McNiel
04-05-2014, 3:11 PM
We survive by watching the previous seasons again. Just keep rooting for "Danny" and the "Imp".

Frank Trinkle
04-06-2014, 2:06 PM
Spent a goodly portion of the down time not flying today watching the last four episodes of Season 3 in order to remember all the story lines as Season 4 begins. Like the previous post, I'm rooting for Danerys and the "imp"... but also for John Snow.

Wish the next book would be finished as well. For those who are fans of the show, but haven't read the books, you're missing out! The books are as good as the show and go into MUCH more detail of the land, the characters, and the politics. Outstanding!

My two favorite phrases from the show: "Winter is Coming", and "You Know NOTHING, John Snow!". (She is returning!!!!):p

Jim Matthews
04-06-2014, 3:58 PM
Haven't seen this.

Isn't it just Dallas with beheadings?
That, and the dragons and really uncomfortable furniture?

At least is connects people our age with the kids reading Chapter books.

Bruce Darrow
04-08-2014, 8:09 PM
Certainly one of the best TV adaptations of a great book(s), my other all time faves being Lonesome Dove and Shogun. It should be required than anyone who wants to watch should have to read first......uncannily good casting, for the most part.

And if Mr. Martin decides to up and die before finishing the story like his contemporary Mr. Jordan, there is a special place in Hades reserved for him. It is known!

Christopher Collins
04-08-2014, 9:25 PM
All men must die, Bruce

Valar Morghulis

Bruce Darrow
04-08-2014, 9:56 PM
This, too is known......just, in this case, please spare Mr. Martin, the archangel of premature death himself? Please?

Kent A Bathurst
04-09-2014, 1:29 PM
And Arya kicks some serious behind in S4E1. I was cheering her on.

I've been thinking that ultimately Khaleesi and John Snow end up King and Queen over Westoros, but I can't quite count Arya out. Plus - I don't know exactly what to make of Bran - maybe his contribution is destruction of the White Walkers?

And - Jim - an epic tale of loyalty and betrayal, honor and dishonor, good and evil, with plenty of swords, blood, mystical beings, and dragons thrown in. Not to mention the scenes in the brothels.

Jim Matthews
04-12-2014, 8:37 AM
And - Jim - an epic tale of loyalty and betrayal, honor and dishonor, good and evil, with plenty of swords, blood, mystical beings, and dragons thrown in. Not to mention the scenes in the brothels.

So, just like Dallas?

Kent A Bathurst
04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
So, just like Dallas?

That cost me a mouthful of good IPA.

I can say, in all honesty, that I have no idea. I never watched a single minute of that show.

Justin Ludwig
04-14-2014, 8:28 AM
The Mrs. and I wait for the entire season to be over, then get them all at once. Turns into a real TV binge session. The 9 month DTs from it are horrible.

Kent A Bathurst
04-14-2014, 5:32 PM
The Mrs. and I wait for the entire season to be over, then get them all at once. Turns into a real TV binge session. The 9 month DTs from it are horrible.

Yeah, but, Justin - - - You got the Walking Dead, and you used to have Breaking Bad.

"Guess I got what I deserved......."

Badfinger exit was precisely spot-on, and classic.

Justin Ludwig
04-14-2014, 6:23 PM
We have The Big Bang Theory and Netflix to keep us going. We don't do broadcast TV and the Mrs is picky about what she likes. I tried to get her into Californication but she couldn't get into it.

I usually work on plans or stare at SMC most evenings.

Bill Cunningham
04-15-2014, 8:14 PM
My kids said I should be watching this, so I watched the the first three seasons last fall (thanks to the 1channel app) and got hooked.. The end of the 2nd episode this season was a shocker.. No one liked him anyway...

Chris Padilla
04-15-2014, 8:20 PM
So, just like Dallas?

Not really. All the characters you like and who are good seem to die and most of the bad folks seem to live on.

Hmmmm, I take that back...just like Dallas but with a bit of Dukes of Hazzard thrown in. ;)