PDA

View Full Version : Tim Yoder is back

Greg Just
04-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Tim Yoder is back on Popular Woodworking

www.popularwoodworking.com/woodturning (http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodturning)

Reed Gray
04-05-2014, 3:00 PM
He is a hoot!

robo hippy

Dick Mahany
04-05-2014, 5:59 PM
I watched it this AM. He's got a sense of genuiness and on camera presence that is really enjoyable to watch. I really like his prominent display of Doug Thompson tools !

Thom Sturgill
04-05-2014, 6:08 PM
Watched it the morning too. I saw Tim at the Florida Symposium last year - he gave a talk on doing video setups for lathe demos, so I would expect excellent quality to the video, angle of shots, etc. He does not disappoint, and does not hide his errors either.

Doug is one of his sponsors as is Robust, which makes it interesting that he's turning on a Stubby...

Dick Mahany
04-05-2014, 8:55 PM
I also like that neat little closeup camera on the flex gooseneck mount. It looks like a GoPro 3 with an underwater case and an after market lens. Does pretty well in my book.

Jon Nuckles
04-05-2014, 9:19 PM
I read his account of choosing a lathe. The Stubby fit in his very small shop and still left room for his cameraman.

Mike Campbell KS
04-07-2014, 12:12 AM
I am so glad to see Tim is back. I have most of his old shows from PBS still on the cable company's DVR, and that is one of the reason's I have not switched cable companies. I don't want to lose them! Looks like he has some nice new tools, or at least new handles.

Michael Mills
04-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Another Tim Yoder fan and glad to see him back.

Here is a short video by Tim.... does anyone remember Bob Ross and the Joy of Painting.... and the squirrel eposides?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QcWKsJkAkFQ#t=1

Ralph Lindberg
04-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I read his account of choosing a lathe. The Stubby fit in his very small shop and still left room for his cameraman.

With the right do-hikie and software you can play them from the DVR into your computer... I did that only lost season 1 to a disc crash, and they haven't re-shown that season since