PDA

View Full Version : Ok, count me in

Alden Miller
06-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Looks like I'm one of a bunch of newbie's to this board.

I see a bunch of my friends already over here and have been getting pressure from a couple to sign up.

I've been lurking about for a week or so, got all signed up and figured I ought to introduce myself.

I have been woodworking for about 13 years. Got started by buying an old farm house that needed (needs) a lot of help. Couldn't see paying the price for cabinets, bought a tablesaw and it's been downhill from there.

I tend to make a lot of built-ins. I like to make other wall cabinets and tables also. I've been very busy with my day job this past year and it has really kept me out of the shop more than I prefer. Just starting to get some time back in the shop and really appreciating it.

I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

-Alden

Here's a couple of pieces I've made (looks like I'll have to downsize some of my other shots to show them so it's a couple built-ins to start).

John Hart
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the Creek Alden!! Very nice work by the way. I like your style and hope to see more. Great place to hang out.

John Miliunas
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Alden! GREAT to have you on board. You may be a "newbie" here, but obviously NOT to WW!:) Fantastic job on the built-ins and I really look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work! Stop often, stay long and I see I don't need to tell you about posting pics!:D :cool:

Larry Norton
06-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey, Alden! Good to see you, Buddy!

Alden is one of the ones who got me my DJ20! Even though he drives a Dodge, he's still a great guy!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Alden! Take and leave information as you deem necessary! Great projects BTW!

Corey Hallagan
06-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Welcome to SMC and some great work! I am a fan of builtins myself. Looking forward to more!
Corey

Dan Forman
06-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Wecome Alden! Those builtins are fabulous, can't wait to see more.

Dan

Don Slaughter
06-23-2005, 2:42 AM
Great to see you here Alden. You're right, a lot of us are venturing out...and the water's fine here at the creek. Bunch of nice folks and good posts.

Don
(DonLaughs)

sascha gast
06-23-2005, 3:33 AM
Hey Alden, whattup. good seeing you here. been hangin here for a while, you'll like it a lot.
and Alden is definetely right for driving a Dodge,hehee, sorry Larry but i love my hemi

sascha

Mike Cutler
06-23-2005, 5:08 AM
Nice to met you Alden. The others are correct, thise are some nice builtins. Once again, Welcome to Sawmill Creek

Gail O'Rourke
06-23-2005, 7:19 AM
Hey Alden, I can't believe you have been keeping those pictures to yourself. Your built-ins are gorgeous. Nice job.;)

Bill Arnold
06-23-2005, 7:58 AM
Alden,

Welcome aboard! Hope to see more of your work soon.

Regards,

Jim Becker
06-23-2005, 9:08 AM
I can see we will be learning a lot from you, Alden!! Welcome!!

Michael Gabbay
06-23-2005, 9:37 AM
Alden - Hey glad you made it! You going to enjoy the Creek. Alot of great people here. :)

Alden is a great teacher. I turn to him often for advice. He's done some really nice work.

Mike

Adam Howard
06-23-2005, 9:59 AM
Wow! Everybody's showing up.

Alden and Sascha are here? AND Larry?

Looks like another good forum to hang out in... why have just one?

Ox.

lou sansone
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
hi Alden
welcome to the creek. your work looks pretty decent. your story reminds me of how I have become more dedicated to furniture building.
regards
lou

Jerry Ingraham
06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Welcome Alden! Man, judging by your pics I wish you had joined sooner so I could have picked your brain for built-in advice. I was pretty proud of mine til I saw yours! Great job! Fortunately, there are a great number of highly skilled friends here that can guide a person through any quandary. Look forward to your participation.
Jerry

Alden Miller
06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the welcome and the compliments.

I'll try and contribute when I can and I'll shrink down some of my other pictures so I can post them for you.

-Alden

Kelly C. Hanna
06-23-2005, 1:09 PM
Welcome Alden...fine work you posted!

Jason Tuinstra
06-23-2005, 3:49 PM
Very nice!!! Welcome aboard.

Bill Lewis
06-26-2005, 5:44 PM
Welcome Alden,
Good to have another MD'r here. I checked the map to see where Glenwood was located. Heck, it's just up the road from me. I'm down just east of Laytonsville. We're practically neighbors :)

Todd Burch
06-26-2005, 6:24 PM
Alden, welcome to the creek. Good to know there's someone else I can ask questions of about built-ins!

Todd

Robby Phelps
06-26-2005, 7:20 PM
Good to have you Alden! Also nice built ins. This forum is great and everyone is very friendly and helpful. So visit and post often!