PDA

View Full Version : A Real Gloat!

Scott Donley
06-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi all, the real gloat here is not the saw I picked up at a garage sale for 20 bucks a few weeks ago, it is the folks here on SMC. The saw needed the dust blower part, not a big deal, but would be nice to have, I remembered seeing Corey Hallagan saying that he had one that was trashed and if anyone needed any parts to let him know, so I did. Today I got a box in the mail, not only the blower part but a bunch of other parts “just in case”, He didn’t ask a dime for postage, his time, or the fact they worth a few bucks.

So that is my gloat, to just find there are people here on SMC who has a bottom line that is something other than self-service, but to just be genuine good people out for nothing other than to help other WW out. Thanks Corey! And thanks to SMC for being here! Scott

John Miliunas
06-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Great gloat and, get used to it, Scott! You're right...That's just the way folks around here operate. I'm sure you feel pretty special right now and you are, but don't take this the wrong way when I say, don't feel like the Lone Ranger! So many gifts have passed between so many members here, it's truly hard to keep track and those are only the ones we hear about from time to time!:) SMC is simply the BEST!:) :cool:

Dan Forman
06-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Very cool story, this is a great place.

Dan

Mike Cutler
06-23-2005, 5:23 AM
Yep' this is a pretty cool place. nice gloat Scott, on both counts. ;)

Pete Harbin
06-23-2005, 8:39 AM
Now THAT is a gloat!

Jeff Sudmeier
06-23-2005, 8:45 AM
Congrats on the saw and even bigger congrats to great people on this board!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-23-2005, 9:05 AM
Somehow I'm not surprised! Great Gloat Scott!