PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Questions for other users of China Lasers

michael reimer
04-02-2014, 6:21 PM
Hello,

I am up and running with my new laser and have a few basic questions for the pros here. I appreciate in advice any insight you can give me. I have a 80 Watt RECI Shenhui.

1. On the machine there what appears to be an amp meter with a dial. I am going from memory but it looks to go from 0 to 50 amps. What is this actually reading and what should the dial be set on?

2. I have been doing some test cuts today without any issues. Our main use is to dust acrylic and engrave. I have no problem cutting 1/4 inch all day long, great edge. I slowed the machine down and even cut 1/2 inch without any issue, just a bit slow. Question I have is with a Chinese 80W RECI what is the max thickness I can cut that still will look presentable. I am just trying to see if my machine is performing where it should be. I want to hear others that are using the same configuration. If you can also give me some rough setting that would be awesome as well.

Mike

Dave Sheldrake
04-02-2014, 6:26 PM
1: It's milliamps :) no more than 28mA

2: 6mm or 1/4 inch is a realistic maximum for an 80 watt glass tube, 6mm acrylic should cut at 7mm per second at 75% power on a new RECI (this will drop a little after time)

cheers

Dave

michael reimer
04-02-2014, 6:36 PM
Thank you very much Dave. Much appreciated. One more question. What would cause my Laser Power Supply to fail? Is there something I am doing wrong? can it be prevented?

Dave Sheldrake
04-02-2014, 7:05 PM
To be honest Mike, not really, some just end up DOA, some go bang quite quickly, nature of chinese quality control I'm afraid. Better supplies can be obtained from RECI or EFR but only really worth it on the bigger expensive tubes.

cheers

Dave

michael reimer
04-02-2014, 7:10 PM
Thank you again Dave. I was reading a bunch of the threads here and someone posted that there is a fuse inside the PSU. Is this usually the case?