PDA

View Full Version : Android users. What browser do you use?

Judson Green
04-02-2014, 1:55 PM
I keep having typing problems and I've tried a few different keyboards. The problem happens usually when I move the curser (like to edit something) and then resume typing, the new text will get entered somewhere else in the entry. I've googled my brains out and can't seem to find a clear answer. Seem to also have the problem in Kingsoft app for word processing.

Anyone else experienced this.

Haven't tried tap talk or other forum apps.

Sean Troy
04-02-2014, 2:54 PM
I keep having typing problems and I've tried a few different keyboards. The problem happens usually when I move the curser (like to edit something) and then resume typing, the new text will get entered somewhere else in the entry. I've googled my brains out and can't seem to find a clear answer. Seem to also have the problem in Kingsoft app for word processing.

Anyone else experienced this.

Haven't tried tap talk or other forum apps.
I've been using Dolphin and it seems fast and easy to use.

Myk Rian
04-02-2014, 9:04 PM
Well, your question has nothing to do with Android browsers, but with text input.
Are you using the standard Samsung keyboard app with Swype? Have you tried any others such as Swiftkey?
Tapatalk uses whatever keyboard you have set as the default.

I use the standard browser. Tried Chrome, but didn't like it.

Judson Green
04-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, your question has nothing to do with Android browsers, but with text input.
Are you using the standard Samsung keyboard app with Swype? Have you tried any others such as Swiftkey?
Tapatalk uses whatever keyboard you have set as the default.

I use the standard browser. Tried Chrome, but didn't like it.

Using a standard Google keyboard, tried others (Swiftkey, go keyboard, and something else). Yes you're right it's probably not having to do with the browser, but when I did a google search on this question one of the things the folks seem to say was changing the browser had some impact on it. Guess I'll just try some out.

Steve Rozmiarek
04-03-2014, 12:04 AM
I use Chrome and Swiftkey. Best combo I've found. Swiftkey has pretty darn good predictive text, and chromes integration between computers is a feature I love.

Jim Matthews
04-03-2014, 7:21 AM
Chrome.

It came installed on my Tablet.
It's rock-steady.

No keyboard, so no clue in what's good in that arena.

Brian Ashton
04-03-2014, 9:00 AM
I keep my phones pretty much stock standard. So far I've found what ever is on the device at the time I buy it works just fine. It it allows for multiple tabs I'm happy. Some make claims they can open pages faster and such but a few seconds less just isn't that important to me.