View Full Version : Another lurker comes forth

Dan Oliphant
06-22-2005, 5:49 PM
Well after lurking around here for quite some time, I guess it's about time to say Hi. I have been a member on woodnet forums for quite some time but felt it was time to make a change. From what I have read to date this site is more to my liking.

DanO

Mike Cutler
06-22-2005, 5:59 PM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek, and pleased to meet ya'. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2005, 6:53 PM
Welcome to the Creek Dan! From beginners to pros they are all here willing to exchange information! Wade right in the waters fine!

John Hart
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Yep Dan...You made a good decision in my opinion. The Creek is great. Lots of expertise, humor and goof-ups...I mean..Lessons learned:rolleyes: Welcome.

Dan Oliphant
06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Mike and all,
Thanks for the welcome, items that I have produced for clients can be seen in my portfolio at my web page. My work is usually referred as "utilitarian" in nature. Actually it is whatever the client wants or needs. I don't do high end pieces because high end clients are not in this area and I am not willing to solicit business in the greater LA area. As a one man shop, I like being able to pick and choose the work I do.

John Miliunas
06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Dan! I think you've found the right place to hang you hat. Come often, stay long and don't be shy about posting more of your work!:) :cool:

Dan Forman
06-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Dan---Welcome to the creek. I don't know your definition of "utilitarian", but a lot of the work on your website looks "fine" to me. Hope to see more.

Dan

Pete Harbin
06-23-2005, 8:42 AM
Welcome Dan! This really is a great place.

Pete

Jeff Sudmeier
06-23-2005, 8:51 AM
Dan,

I too came from the Woodnet Forums, since I have started posting here, I rarely go back! I hope that you enjoy SMC as Much as I do!

Kelly C. Hanna
06-23-2005, 1:21 PM
Welcome Dan! You'll like it much better here. I still visit woodnet, but not nearly as much as I am here.