PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Pete Gervais
06-22-2005, 5:15 PM
Just joined and from what I have observed, THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!
I'm just beginning in this hobby and haven't many tools. But I've attempted
making some rudementary pieces. I'm a programmer/analyst(mainframe) by
necessity but I enjoy this more. It's relaxing. Here's the first piece I attempted. I know that it's painted, but that's what the customer (my wife):) wanted.

Richard Wolf
06-22-2005, 5:17 PM
Welcome to the creek. Your picture didn't load, try again.

Richard

Alan Turner
06-22-2005, 5:18 PM
Welcome to SMC. BTW, your picture did not post.

Pete Gervais
06-22-2005, 5:19 PM
:mad: I have to retake the pictures and post later....
Sorry about that:(

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2005, 5:21 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Pete. A couple of hints on attaching photos.. 1. Don't try to preview you photo, if you do it won't attach. 2. Scroll down to manage attachments and walk it to your photo on your computer...you're a programmer you'll figure it out. 3. Limit your picture size to 600x480 pixels . 4. You can attach about 250kb IIRC or about 5 photos max per slide. Good luck! And again.....Welcome to the Creek!

scott spencer
06-22-2005, 5:38 PM
Welcome aboard Pete - I'm a newbie myself....with 4 years experience ;) There's always plenty to learn and this is a great place to do it.

As far as tools....the most important one is you. If you want to do it, you'll find a way.

Mike Cutler
06-22-2005, 6:01 PM
Welcome Pete. Don't sweat the picture problem, it takes a time or two to get comfortable with it.

Bill Stevener
06-22-2005, 7:18 PM
Hi Pete,

Just came aboard the other day myself. Isn't this a nice place. Oh yes, and the folks are great to:D . Just another Welcome, from a guy that hangs out where square wood goes round.;)

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>

Pete Gervais
06-22-2005, 9:18 PM
:) Thanks for the warm welcome! I just finished editing this thread with the new photo I retook at a smaller setting. Hope you like it. As I said before, its my first attempt.

Thanks

John Miliunas
06-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Welcome to SMC, Pete! Nice table, funky paint job, but as long as you filled the customer order satisfactorily, that's what counts!:D Come often, stay long and keep those project pics coming!!!:) :cool:

John Hart
06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Welcome Pete...Hey I know the feeling! I can't wait to get out from under the computer system and into the woodshop. (I have a computer in the shop too, but it is exclusively for wood-related work...and SMC of course)

Corey Hallagan
06-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Welcome Pete! That is a pretty cool piece, like the paint job!

Corey

Dan Forman
06-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Pete---Welcome, you have found a great site with lots of knowledgeable folks who like to share what they have learned. Keep the projects coming.

Dan