PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Drill Bit Holder

Larry Fox
03-31-2014, 9:58 AM
Through the various Lee Valley free shipping events they have periodically I have managed to accumulate almost a full set of their brad point drills. The problem is that they don't seem to sell a case / index for them. Does anyone know where I can get one starting at around 5/64 up to about 1"? It doesn't need to be 1 case but a holder for these bits seems to be harder to find than I would have expected. They are currently in a drawer and I certainly could make a holder but would prefer to spend my time elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for your time

Eric DeSilva
03-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Huot-metal-drill-index-increments/dp/B00018A1YQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396274969&sr=8-2&keywords=drill+bit+holder

Jamie Buxton
03-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Block of wood. Drill a hole in it with each of the bits you have. Five minutes, tops.

Mike Henderson
03-31-2014, 10:51 AM
I'll bet LV will sell you the drill holder the set comes in for a modest price. Give them a call - today before free shipping ends.

Mike

Larry Fox
03-31-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks Guys.

Eric - saw that one and was going to buy it earlier but only goes to 1/2" and was hoping for something to cover the range so I can keep them organized and in one place as my track record with bits thus far has not been great.

Jamie - This is what I have done in the past but was hoping for something that I could just buy that would be relatively compact and be done with it.

Mike - I don't think they sell it.

Mike Henderson
03-31-2014, 6:59 PM
Thanks Guys.

Eric - saw that one and was going to buy it earlier but only goes to 1/2" and was hoping for something to cover the range so I can keep them organized and in one place as my track record with bits thus far has not been great.

Jamie - This is what I have done in the past but was hoping for something that I could just buy that would be relatively compact and be done with it.

Mike - I don't think they sell it.

I bought some Forstner bits from LV and wanted a box to store them in. Gave them a call and they sold me a box. Not something that was a catalog item, just that they had the boxes and shipped one to me. Give them a call and see. It won't cost you much to make the phone call.

Mike