PDA

View Full Version : Video Editor

Sean Troy
03-31-2014, 9:22 AM
Does anyone know of a decent free video editor that can do more than Windows Movie Maker? Thanks, Sean

Chuck Wintle
03-31-2014, 9:30 AM
Does anyone know of a decent free video editor that can do more than Windows Movie Maker? Thanks, Sean

i have used avidemux with good results...not sure how complete all the functions and features but the little bit I had to edit it worked.

Greg Portland
03-31-2014, 3:01 PM
What features are you looking for? Movie Maker 2012 is one of the best free options available. Lightworks has more features but has a steep learning curve.

Sean Troy
03-31-2014, 4:36 PM
What features are you looking for? Movie Maker 2012 is one of the best free options available. Lightworks has more features but has a steep learning curve.
It doesn't seem to do much of anything except the ability to rotate your video, add beginning and ending text? Am i missing something? thanks, Sean

Ole Anderson
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Are speaking of Windows Live Movie Maker? It can do a ton of stuff. Just went on a cruise and Microsoft had an on board seminar how to use it. Its free. Like most video editing programs, there is a learning curve if you want to take advantages of all of its features. It is great for blending video clips and stills into a slide show with titling, transitions, animations, effects, background music and the whole 9 yards. I use this program to create DVD's of my trips.

I have been using Womble's MPEG Video Wizard DVD for editing and burning to DVD our church service for several years. Very user friendly and very fast rendering. Even used it to create HD MP4's for uploading to YouTube. But it is a 99 dollar program. Most of the programs you pay for have a free trial.

Sean Troy
04-01-2014, 7:54 AM
Are speaking of Windows Live Movie Maker? It can do a ton of stuff. Just went on a cruise and Microsoft had an on board seminar how to use it. Its free. Like most video editing programs, there is a learning curve if you want to take advantages of all of its features. It is great for blending video clips and stills into a slide show with titling, transitions, animations, effects, background music and the whole 9 yards. I use this program to create DVD's of my trips.

I have been using Womble's MPEG Video Wizard DVD for editing and burning to DVD our church service for several years. Very user friendly and very fast rendering. Even used it to create HD MP4's for uploading to YouTube. But it is a 99 dollar program. Most of the programs you pay for have a free trial.

I didn't realize it did so much. I will dig deeper into it. Sounds like it will do just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info.

Myk Rian
04-01-2014, 9:26 AM
It's isn't free, but I've been using AVS4YOU for several years. I use it to create DVDs of our senior center stage productions. Over 100 cast and crew look forward to getting a copy every year. Here are some samples. https://www.youtube.com/user/axlmyk

For the price of $59 you get an entire suite of programs. www.avs4you.com