PDA

View Full Version : CORELLASER manual

john winder
03-30-2014, 9:36 AM
Hi,
i have had a search through the forum and through google, I was wondering if anyone had an english copy of the instructions for setting up CORELLASER.
Most of the settings appear straight forward, but I am particularly interested in stacking the jobs so that I can engrave and then cut out. My engraver was not shipped with colour palette files and it doesn't appear that you can use colours to provide cut and engrave layers... although i could be wrong.
I would be grateful if anyone has a digital copy of the manual or could shed some light onto this.
Regards
John

Mike Null
03-30-2014, 10:28 AM
John

It will be necessary to know the brand and model of your laser machine. Most use an RGB color palette which you can customize within CorelDraw though it's not really necessary. I just use the standard RGB palette. In most cases red is for cutting and black is for rastering.

Dee Gallo
03-30-2014, 1:10 PM
Welcome to the Creek, John!

It would be very helpful if you could add the make, model and wattage of your laser to your signature so we can help you more specifically to your needs. There are lots of manuals out there!

As Mike says, I also just use the standard RGB palette.

cheers, dee

john winder
03-30-2014, 2:52 PM
Hi, its a 40w, kl-3020model with the lihuiyu corellaser plugin. It looks like there are only two options, to engrave or cut. changing line thickness and colours based on an rgb colour palette don't really seem to make any difference but I suspect that the secret is in the settings.
regards
John

Greg Bednar
03-30-2014, 2:53 PM
To John Winder:

This is a hotlink to the answer to your question - So if I get spanked for posting it, I apologize in advance.
http://www.engrave.ca/archives/5318

john winder
03-30-2014, 3:56 PM
Hi Greg, Thanks for the link ( I hope you don't get in trouble either :)). I'll see what I can glean from the site. the problem I seem to have is that the software is unlike anything I have found manuals for.... completely different. However there might be a few clues hiding.
Regards
John

Greg Bednar
03-30-2014, 7:49 PM
Hi Greg, Thanks for the link ( I hope you don't get in trouble either :)). I'll see what I can glean from the site. the problem I seem to have is that the software is unlike anything I have found manuals for.... completely different. However there might be a few clues hiding.
Regards
John

Oh - "That" CORELLASER - good luck!

john winder
03-31-2014, 2:29 PM
Yup, that one. I have a google tranlslated version of the manufacturer pdf and in mentions something about aligning elephants and horses heads in it (seriously). hmmmmmm.:(

Kenny Crump
06-02-2014, 11:27 PM
John

I'm a real newbie to this just got the same laser with the same software as you. Any tips tricks info would be appreciated. I just powered mine up but seems to have issues when I turn it on the laser travels to the right and gets stuck and just vibrates this is not what is supposed to happen is it ?

Thanks
Kenny