PDA

View Full Version : any help or ideas would be much appricated

Frank barry
03-30-2014, 9:26 AM
Hi all I am looking at making products like this has anyone any suggestions as to the best approach to take
thanks in advance Frank

Dave Sheldrake
03-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Looks like Stainless Frank so a 200 watt+ Fiber will be the only real way laser wise, punching could also be an option if you are making lots of them.

best wishes

Dave

Frank barry
03-30-2014, 10:31 AM
thanks Dave as cost would be a factor I guess I could sub it out to someone with a Fiber laser any suggestions as to where I could get a punch made and what the cost would be ?
cheers Frank

Mike Null
03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Frank

If you have any interest in making them from anodized aluminum then Frank Ricci at Chewbarka probably has them in stock. He can make them for you if he doesn't stock them.

Frank barry
03-30-2014, 10:43 AM
thanks Mike I will give them a try but it is my plan to also do dog breeds would they have them do you think I have tried to contact them before but got no reply it might be the fact I am in Ireland they may not ship to here but ill give them another try cheers Frank

Dave Sheldrake
03-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Could try China to see if they have them ready punched Frank? dies wise, there are a few makers over here but VERY expensive (£5,000+ per die) I know a few companies that could laser them for you (I would if I wasn't in the middle of moving house) let me have a word with a couple of them and see what I can find out for you.

cheers

Dave

Frank barry
03-30-2014, 11:15 AM
thanks Dave I have looked I did get parts from a guy in Pakistan his parts were ok of good enough quality for dog id tags but not jewellery cheers frank

Rolf Randby
03-30-2014, 2:43 PM
thanks Dave I have looked I did get parts from a guy in Pakistan his parts were ok of good enough quality for dog id tags but not jewellery cheers frank

The parts from Pakistan should always be tumbled polished at very little experience.
Just my two cents worth.

Frank barry
03-31-2014, 2:52 PM
thanks Rolf
I do agree with you on that it is a pity they don't charge a little more and improve the quality of the parts as shipping is a big part of the total cost we need to be sure of the quality having said that I have been very pleased with most part I get thanks all Frank