PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best "Little Thing" You're Grateful For?

Andrew Joiner
03-29-2014, 4:43 PM
There's a lot of big things I'm grateful to have. I live in a dream home with a view and it's paid for. My health is good and my loved ones live close by.
I started brisk walking for exercise and stress relief 30 years ago. By luck, my house is located so I can easily walk to the store, bank, and the meetings I attend. I live in small town, it's only got 2 strip malls and 5 stop lights. Still I like to walk routes that have little or no traffic to breath clean air. I have routes that in most cases have no traffic.

I can walk to Walmart in 8 minutes. What cracks me up is the shortest route is mostly on a trail with huge trees and views of a snow capped mountain! I bet that doesn't happen anywhere else in America. I can't help but think how many people drive around frustrated in parking lots looking for the ideal spot close to the door.

It's a little thing but I smile with gratitude every time I walk to Walmart.

What's the Best "Little Thing" Your Grateful For?

Jim Matthews
03-29-2014, 9:03 PM
Having lived overseas for several years, drinkable tap water is high on my list.

I also show gratitude (in the form of cash) twice a year to the trash collectors.
I've been in places where sanitation is a completely alien concept.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2014, 9:13 PM
One week ago yesterday my wife and I returned from a 34 day trip. The last 2 days were at a resort in Fiji.

After seeing the absolute poverty in Fiji, I have too many little things for which to be grateful to possibly list here.

Mike Henderson
03-29-2014, 9:44 PM
Well, it's not a little thing, but I'm very thankful for my wife. She's a wonderful person.

Mike

[Oh, and I'm also grateful that I get to live in Paradise.]

Frederick Skelly
03-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Work. I never cease to be grateful that I have a job.
Fred

Gordon Eyre
03-29-2014, 11:27 PM
I am grateful for my health and at my age that is no small thing. I too walk every day and covered around 1400 miles last year. The trail I walk is along the side of a river and in the winter I too can see a snow capped mountain although it would be very rare for it to snow in the valley where I live. Interestingly enough Andrew I can see the back side of Walmart from the trail.

paul cottingham
03-29-2014, 11:39 PM
My wife and daughter.

Alan Bienlein
03-30-2014, 12:42 AM
My family.

Moses Yoder
03-30-2014, 5:26 AM
To be grateful for a little thing is kind of an oxymoron. Once you are grateful for it, it is no longer a little thing. I am grateful for these two pictures. It warms my heart every time I see them. My all time favorite pictures of my wife and two daughters.

Dave Sheldrake
03-30-2014, 7:22 AM
For those that sacrificed so much to grant me even the smallest things such as the ability to write this.

Dave

Andrew Joiner
03-30-2014, 10:49 AM
To be grateful for a little thing is kind of an oxymoron. Once you are grateful for it, it is no longer a little thing.

Very true. I was thinking most people wouldn't be to excited about a beautiful walk to Walmart. To me it's a big thing.

Great looking family Moses.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-30-2014, 11:50 AM
A picture is wort a thousand words, so:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3NEWBUVMX_U/UnWAra73ChI/AAAAAAAACnU/0D3BAW1QS8c/w311-h553-no/20130623_201704.jpg

It's just a fishing trip, but it was perfect.

Richard McComas
03-30-2014, 2:38 PM
Don't know if this is a little thing or not. I'm grateful I'm not pushing up daisies!

David Weaver
03-30-2014, 2:41 PM
I'm thankful that I was born in this country (and not in the third world) to two parents who took their job as parents seriously so that I can do the same for my kids.

Brian Deakin
03-30-2014, 6:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience

And no I am far from perfect and having a conscience is a gift

regards

Brian

Shawn Pixley
03-30-2014, 8:12 PM
I am grateful for the opportunity to learn something new each day.

Paul McGaha
03-30-2014, 8:50 PM
I'm grateful for many things. Small and Large.

It would be a long list but I guess I'd start with my wife and my parents and the fact I was lucky enough to be born and live in a country as good as the USA.

PHM

Ed Aumiller
03-30-2014, 9:26 PM
I'm grateful someone loved us enough to die for my (our) sins....

Rich Riddle
03-30-2014, 9:58 PM
Is it me or do these "little" things people mention seem to be enormous things? My little thing is a good night's sleep when it does happen.

Kev Williams
03-31-2014, 12:54 AM
Grateful for:

My kids-

My wife's kids-

The 16 grandkids they've given us-

The fact that none of them live with us...

;)

Bryan Rocker
03-31-2014, 1:18 AM
I am grateful for two things.

1. My wife of almost 29 years, who has been by me through hell and back.

2. I am thankful for my health even though it is not good but it is better than many of my brethren who lost all sorts of things and body parts in the sand while I had a much easier job here at home...

3. I am thanks for my furbabies......well that's 3 things......

Bryan

Dave Anderson NH
03-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Pure and simply for my life. Every day it is good to be alive no matter what it brings. I developed this attitude at 20 years old. On patrol one day I stepped on booby trapped 175mm howitzer round and only the blasting cap went off. I ended up with a scorched boot and no injuries. Every single day since then has been gravy. God watches over, fools, drunks, and Marines.

Rod Sheridan
03-31-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm thankful that I was born in this country (and not in the third world) to two parents who took their job as parents seriously so that I can do the same for my kids.

Warren Buffet credited winning the ovarian lottery for his sucess.

I suspect he's correct, my life would have been much different if I had been born in a third world country as well............Rod.

Dave Sheldrake
03-31-2014, 12:49 PM
only the blasting cap went off

On that occasion Death was given the cow (have a read of the two Angels Dave)

best wishes

Dave

Chuck Wintle
03-31-2014, 1:31 PM
Every day I see the turmoil, poverty and ignorance that exists in the rest of the third world and thank god that i got to live and grow up in North America. Even though this continent has its faults the majority of decisions make for a stable entity politically and monetarily. So for this I am thankful. And that my 2 children get to live and work her also.