PDA

View Full Version : Need help mixing Inlace

Steve Mawson
03-29-2014, 4:07 PM
Mixed up about 1 teaspoon of Inlace, used 4 drops of hardner. Taking a long time to set up-was that too much or not enough hardner? Have mixed before and it did finally get hard-might have used another drop or two. Then when comes to sanding it fills up sand paper very fast-any suggestions on how to sand? Or perhaps it relates to how hard it has set up. Anyway it is frustrating:confused::confused::mad:.

Dave Paine
03-29-2014, 4:22 PM
The instructions state 25 - 30 drops of hardener for each ounce.

I ounce = 6 teaspoons.

So 1/6 ounce would be 4 - 5 drops. If I recall having too few drops just means it takes longer to cure.

It is a slow cure. I leave overnight.

I would give this some more time.

Sanding will create a lot of dust. If you can use a turning tool or cabinet scraper it will help to avoid the consumption of abrasive paper.

It looks good when finish sanded.

It is not cheap. For the future, consider purchasing epoxy and pigment and mix your own.

Steve Mawson
03-29-2014, 10:08 PM
The instructions state 25 - 30 drops of hardener for each ounce.

I ounce = 6 teaspoons.

So 1/6 ounce would be 4 - 5 drops. If I recall having too few drops just means it takes longer to cure.

It is a slow cure. I leave overnight.

I would give this some more time.

Sanding will create a lot of dust. If you can use a turning tool or cabinet scraper it will help to avoid the consumption of abrasive paper.

It looks good when finish sanded.

It is not cheap. For the future, consider purchasing epoxy and pigment and mix your own.

Perhaps I am a little impatient. I do know that it eats sand paper when trying to finish. Agree on mixing your own but have never tried that.