PDA

View Full Version : 911 ambulance trip to hospital

Von Bickley
03-29-2014, 3:02 PM
Jan. 10 - Right shoulder replacement
Mar. 21 - Left shoulder replacement
Mar. 27 - Right shoulder replacement decides it wants to pop-out. I don't know what a dislocated shoulder feels like for a normal shoulder, but for this replaced shoulder, it hurts real bad. I was not doing anything to cause it, just sitting at the kitchen table talking with my wife and daughter, when I screamed out and it felt like somebody had jerked my arm off. Like I have said before, old age is not for sissies.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-29-2014, 3:21 PM
Wow Von, I bet that was no fun. Why did it dislocate? Hope they get it sorted out quickly for you.

ray hampton
03-29-2014, 3:24 PM
I never experience a dislocated shoulder joint that I recall but I did dislocated my knee joint and it hurt badly the first time BUT the second that it pop-out it did not hurt at all, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and stay healthy

Phil Thien
03-29-2014, 4:46 PM
Wow, sounds like you're back on track now? That does sound awfully painful.

Why did your shoulders go bad? Was it occupational-related or something? I know a lot of swimmers (for example) ruin their shoulders.

Bruce Page
03-29-2014, 4:55 PM
Yikes! Did they forget the snap ring?

Jim Matthews
03-29-2014, 9:10 PM
Yikes! Did they forget the snap ring?

Clevis pin, more likely.
VB got the Massey Ferguson version, with the PTO attachment.

One can only hope that the PT includes proper strength training;
12 ounce curls and regular shuffling of cards....

Best of luck in your recovery,
orthopaedics is an amazing field.

Ten years out of the business and I can't imagine what they'll think up next.

Larry Frank
03-29-2014, 9:27 PM
I feel for you as something like that hurts and glad to hear you are OK now.

I popped my hip out of socket and it hurt worse than anything that I have ever known. It took the EMS about 30 minutes to get me off the ground outside without having me scream. But, it went back in eventually and has been good ever since.

Raymond Fries
03-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Ouch!

Hope you heal up real soon Von so you can Enjoy Life without stuff like this getting in your way.

Take Care...

Val Kosmider
03-30-2014, 2:00 PM
The shoulder pain will go away when the bill for the ambulance arrives.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-30-2014, 2:10 PM
Get better soon Von!