PDA

View Full Version : turn your head

rick fulton
06-22-2005, 9:18 AM
.<deleted>

Jeff Sudmeier
06-22-2005, 9:41 AM
Now that is just plain cool!! Never would have thought of that. It took me awhile but I finally saw what they were talking about :) I won't be trying this for awhile :)

http://www.turnyourhead.com/ryanpiro1%20copy.JPG(Image from Turnyourhead.com)

Dawn Sunkle
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Now thats interesting. Thanks for sharing the site :)

Dawn

Bill Stevener
06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Some time back, when I was gainfully employed, and takink part in instruction. I would often ask the students -- "Do You See What You Are Looking At?"

I'll just bet, there are many, unknown faces out there.

Bill.>>>>>>>:)

Fred Ray
06-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I remember seeing this idea in an old Popular Mechanics (I think it was) 1950's vintage. So the idea is not new. These guys are probably using computer controlled equipment to duplicate the image onto the turned piece. As such, if they are selling any, they are making money at $150 a pop.

Actually, I wish I'd thunk of it.:o

John Hart
06-22-2005, 9:49 PM
I want to try that! Could one of you loan me some time? I'm fresh out:)

Dennis Peacock
06-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I want to try that! Could one of you loan me some time? I'm fresh out:)

John,

If you find any "time" somewhere...I sure could use several extra hours. :rolleyes: ;)

Raymond Overman
06-23-2005, 8:06 AM
They must be using some kind of computer controlled system since they're digitizing the image to get an accurate size. Interesting concept but the final product looks clunky.

For years I've been wanting to market 6 packs of time. Kind of like beer, except better. You could open up a six pack of time and have it to enjoy a six pack of beer or in our case, six hours of lathe time and a couple of diet cokes. Everyone knows you shouldn't have beer time and lathe time together! :)

So what do you think the retail value would be for a six pack of time?

John Hart
06-23-2005, 8:21 AM
I think you could name your price Raymond. Of course, the demand would be so high that you wouldn't have any time to yourself. :eek: No win situation

Michael Stafford
06-23-2005, 8:52 AM
That is very interesting... Only problem with turning my profile in wood is that you would not have to turn on the lathe or so my wife says... She calls me "blockhead" so I guess that would simplify my profile considerably. :D

John Shuk
06-23-2005, 9:12 PM
I wonder if they have a blank big enough for my Pumpkin.

Kevin Herber
06-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't they complain when you clamp their head to the duplicator? :eek:

-- Kevin