PDA

View Full Version : Northtech planer / sander

Brian Kliewer
03-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know where to get an operating / parts manual for a Northtech planer/sander, as they appear to be no longer in business?

Curt Harms
03-29-2014, 7:14 AM
Does anyone know where to get an operating / parts manual for a Northtech planer/sander, as they appear to be no longer in business?

This is one machine? Far East machines often use the same parts on different colored/branded machines but I've never seen that combination. A picture may help, someone may recognize it by another name.

Kent A Bathurst
03-29-2014, 2:33 PM

Nah - they are still in business. guaranteed.

I don't have contact information for them, though - My dealings with them have always been through a distributor I do business with. If I need parts, etc. I just go to him., so I never did any work to try to locate them directly. I have bought 5 or 6 Northtech portable DC units in the past 18 months - 5 - 7 HP range things. As good as any comparable Taiwan equipment.

Plus some bozo strapped to a forklift busted the motor and housing that raises and lowers the upper section of a monster double-sided Northtech planer that was in storage. Parts are on a slow boat from taiwan, via the distributor. Gotta get the parts, so they can be replaced, so photos can be taken, so I can sell it.