PDA

View Full Version : A visit with a Creeker

Ralph Lindberg
03-27-2014, 6:00 PM
Reed Gray (the RoboHippy) came up to do a demo for the Bremerton club yesterday, and as is common practice my wife and I hosted him.
His program was on doing platform sharpening (featuring his RoboRest) and his techniques to turn a bowl, quickly, with a minimum need for sanding.
Both halves were excellent and his RoboRest was certainly a hit, he sold many to club members.
While turning the bowl, and explaining every cut he is doing, why, and why his cuts work for him all took about an hour; he said he can do this same process in under 5 minutes... The life of a production turner.
This morning we got up ridiculously early and went to Tai Chi class (we both study Tai Chi), after which my wife feed us a "2nd breakfast" of sticky rolls and sausage.
After a couple hours of visiting Reed took off to spend the afternoon with Dave Schweitzer (D-Way Tools), before going on to Olympia to do a program there.

charlie knighton
03-27-2014, 6:41 PM
excellent .......

Allen Neighbors
03-27-2014, 6:50 PM
Lucky dawg.... :D

John Keeton
03-27-2014, 6:51 PM
Reed is a great guy. We talked some back at AAW in St Paul. And, Dave ranks up there with some of the best demonstrators I have seen. Like his tools, as well.

Russell Neyman
03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Ellen's sticky rolls are worth waiting for. And Reed showed the Old Dog (me) a few new tricks during his visit. Sure hope he comes back this way soon!

Reed Gray
03-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, the things I enjoy most are turning, mentoring, and inventing. Sticky buns are up at the top of the list of foods I love. I had a great time. I will look at my schedule because your next club meeting is a hands on one, that might work out well for hands on with the things I tried to teach.

As soon as some one invents a transporter, I can work more out of the area.......

Next big stop will be Phoenix at the symposium.

robo hippy