PDA

View Full Version : Excel Question

Peter Stahl
03-27-2014, 2:05 PM
I copied a sheet from Excel Workbook(1) to another Workbook(2) and now when the Formula is run in Workbook(2) the original Workbook(1) opens. I don't see any reference in the formula referencing the other Workbook. Any ideas how I can change the Link or what ever it is to the other Workbook? Also if you know of a free Excel Forum please let me know.

thanks, Pete

I figured out what was going on, It was the Macro Name in the buttons I had assigned. They don't change and when I clicked on the button it would open the other workbook to get to that Macro.

David Weaver
03-27-2014, 2:12 PM
Which excel do you have?

You can do two things:
1) "Find" and chose options, and select "workbook" and then search for some part of the path of workbook 1 (which will show up in a formula). I mention the "workbook" option in case you have more than one sheet in the workbook, just to make sure you find all of the links to the prior source.
2) On the "data" tab, find "edit links" and click on it. It will show you all of the external links. If it says there are no external links, there are no external links.