PDA

View Full Version : clueless

Ralph Boumenot
03-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Looking for some help on what "link exchange" is. I don't know what it is, what it does, etc. . I have the same question about what "Goggle +" is too.
I keep getting this in the comments on my blog and I don't know what to do about it?
thanx
ralph

Lee Schierer
03-27-2014, 2:27 PM
When in doubt put your questions to google and you will find answers.

"Link Exchange: A link exchange is a confederation of websites that operates similarly to a web ring. Webmasters register their web sites with a central organization, that runs the exchange, and in turn receive from the exchange HTML code which they insert into their web pages. "

Google + is the latest offering in social media sites only this one is from Google. Whether you feel the need to belong is a different question. Sort of like joining Face book, Linked In, etc. some people do and some don't.

Ralph Boumenot
03-27-2014, 5:47 PM
Hi Lee,
I did google it first and my queries didn't answer my questions. Maybe I need to expand my original post.
The person wants a link exchange where he would allow a link from me on his home page and I would do the same for him.
The google + is this - I get a google + on my blog posts and I don't know what that means.

Raymond Fries
03-27-2014, 6:04 PM
Ralph,

I used to have an internet woodworking pattern business. I would " exchange links" with other woodworking sites. It is used to increase traffic an expand the visibility of your site.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Enjoy Life...

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-27-2014, 7:28 PM
Check out this person's web site and make sure this is the type of business or web site you want to be associated with. Some web sites will send out hundreds of link exchange requests and set up your link on the same page as several dozen or several hundred other links which is essentially useless to drive traffic to your site. I have seen other sites where their "links" page is buried so deep on their web site you will be lucky to receive 1 hit every 4 months from them. There are both negatives and positives with doing a link exchange. Do your homework before agreeing to set up a link for them on your web site.