PDA

View Full Version : Best Blower for Epilog Zing 24 or similar laser

Sofia Sayer
03-26-2014, 10:25 AM
We have had our Epilog Zing 24 for about 6 months now, and we think the blower we hooked up may not be working well enough. The exhaust has two 90 degree bends and goes out about 25 feet. But we don't think this is the problem. When testing the suction from the Epilog to the blower, it seems VERY weak. But the power blowing out is really strong. So the smoke seems to stay in the area instead of blowing to the outside. We also cleaned our laser very thoroughly.
Can anyone recommend a blower they have been happy with? We are using an Oasis Machinery 1685A heavy duty, 1.5 horse power wood dust collection, 750 CFM air speed.
Thank you for your help everyone!

Dave Sheldrake
03-26-2014, 11:52 AM
25 feet + 2 90 degree bends is making a huge difference to air volume moved, the suction is a product of how much air the blower can actually vent through the system, you need 105% inlet volume compared to the outlet of the blower to keep the efficiency of the 750cfm unit. With the set up you mention I'd be surprised to see it reaching 250 cfm actual volume transfer.

cheers

Dave

Sofia Sayer
03-26-2014, 7:35 PM
Oh sorry! I meant that there are two 90 degree bends and about 25 feet going FROM the blower TO the OUTSIDE.
There are only about 3.5 feet from the laser to the inlet of the dust collector, with no angles.

Dave Sheldrake
03-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi Sofia,

It will still reduce the efficiency by quite a lot due to the bends and long distance from the cabinet to the outside.

cheers

Dave

Sofia Sayer
03-27-2014, 1:07 PM
25 feet + 2 90 degree bends is making a huge difference to air volume moved, the suction is a product of how much air the blower can actually vent through the system, you need 105% inlet volume compared to the outlet of the blower to keep the efficiency of the 750cfm unit. With the set up you mention I'd be surprised to see it reaching 250 cfm actual volume transfer.

cheers

Dave

That's what it was. We disconnected the "chimney stack" going above the roof and the suction has increased 100%. Thanks.

Dave Sheldrake
03-27-2014, 2:42 PM
no problem :)

cheers

Dave