PDA

View Full Version : Bell Laser - fiber lasers, anyone know much about them?

Gary Hair
03-25-2014, 7:32 PM
I am still looking at fiber lasers and besides Epilog, Universal and Trotec, I am also looking at Bell Laser in Washington. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Dan Hintz
03-25-2014, 8:25 PM
No direct experience, but their selection of YAGs seem a bit limited. What do you intend to do with it?

It looks like all of their systems are flatbed (no galvo), so speed will not be an option there...

Gary Hair
03-25-2014, 9:22 PM
Actually they have galvo fiber Dan, from 10 to 50 watts and at fairly reasonable prices - look at the "Cromwell" section. There may be more on their site but I know those are fiber. I need to talk to some of their customers first before I spend $35k with them...

Tony Lenkic
03-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Gary,

Search in CNC ZONE for this company. Look like some people got taken big time.

Gary Hair
03-26-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks Tony - a search did show a couple of people that claimed to have a bad experience with Bell. It's odd that one of them is in India and the other China, not sure what to make of that though. It also appears that they may not even have a physical presence in the US, the address on their website looks to be a po box... that's NOT a good sign. I'm waiting on Greg to provide me with customer references and the fact that it's taking too long is raising red flags. I'd much rather spend $45k with a known reputable company than risk $20-$30k on an unknown!

Matt Turner (physics)
03-26-2014, 1:04 AM
Allen Rawley is a member of the forum (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?113652-Allen-Rawley) and apparently works for them.

FWIW, there is no Bell Laser LLC registered with Washington State.

Dave Sheldrake
03-26-2014, 8:12 AM
messaged you Gary :)

cheers

Dave