PDA

View Full Version : GCC Mercury 1-auto repeat

George M. Perzel
03-24-2014, 4:28 PM
Hi Gang;
For all you old GCC Mercury vets:
Can you set up the Mercury to automatically make multiple passes?
There is a # of Copies box but doesn't seem to do anything.
I appreciate any help. Thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Mike Null
03-24-2014, 5:18 PM
George

Have you tried doing it within Corel?

George M. Perzel
03-25-2014, 8:22 AM
Mike;
Talk to me-explain please
Best Regards,
GeorgeL
aserarts

Mike Null
03-25-2014, 8:58 AM
Try duplicating your drawing right on top of the first one then sending to the machine. I remember I could send multiple cuts to the machine that way.

George M. Perzel
03-25-2014, 9:01 AM
Mike;
Good idea-will try it
Thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Richard Rumancik
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Certainly what Mike suggests will work - the advantage of that is that it is easier to manage. I would suggest that you copy it onto a second layer though and maybe even make it a different color - with appropriate layer names. eg Outline Pass 1, Outline Pass 2 so you can keep track of what you have done. Also by doing it in CorelDraw you can select what you want to do on the second pass - sometimes I have found that angular cuts or circular cuts need a clean-up pass but straight cuts are fine, and I don't necessarily want to repeat an entire file.

I don't know if it is possible within the Mercury driver but I would not use it even if it could, as CorelDraw allows more flexibility. I played with the "Number of copies" box way back and concluded that it has not been activated in the firmware - at least I could not see it was being recognized in any way.

Chuck Stone
03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
They beat me to it. I'd do it in Corel. There might be a way
in the GCC driver, but my display is blank and only a couple
of the buttons work. Plus I have to delete the file manually
after every run, or the new file won't load. So .. I should
just shut up now.

Rodne Gold
03-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Chuck , Check/reseat the ribbon cable to the display and tighten its grounding screw
Try reseat the RAM in the motherboard (or replace it)
This is from distant memory , so I might be off base

Chuck Stone
03-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Chuck , Check/reseat the ribbon cable to the display and tighten its grounding screw Try reseat the RAM in the motherboard (or replace it) This is from distant memory , so I might be off base Thanks, Rodney.. but I do those in my sleep. When I first turn the machine on, the display might fire up and gradually disappear.. or might not. OR I might walk across the room, touch the metal and the screen suddenly comes back on. Or not. Can't pin it down, so I have my routines memorized. Have replaced the RAM.. probably need a M/B as many of the menus and functions have not been available for some time.

Chuck Stone
03-27-2014, 10:24 AM
So George... did everything work out?

George M. Perzel
03-28-2014, 7:49 AM
Hi All;
Chuck-works fine for vector images but not for bitmap rastering.
I am fooling around with 3D engraving and want the repeat the raster process about 5 times or so.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Richard Rumancik
03-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm confused, George - what "works fine" for vector but not raster? Did you mean that duplicating the image on multiple layers doesn't work for rastering? If so, I didn't know that - but can't say I tried it.

George M. Perzel
03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Richard;
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Made three layers and pasted the same bitmap on each layer. Enabled printing on each layer. Printed only one image.
To do vector images I don't have to even use layers , just paste three images on the same layer and print.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Chuck Stone
03-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Ah... raster only prints the viewable image. You can have a zillion
images stacked in layers, only the top (viewable) parts will print.

Example.. if you make a 10x10 black box and put a 2x2 white box on
top of that, it won't print the black area under the white.
THIS IS A GOOD THING! Otherwise, the white part would never be seen.
It would already have been rastered out.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about vector.

Richard Rumancik
03-29-2014, 7:40 PM
Richard; Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Made three layers and pasted the same bitmap on each layer. Enabled printing on each layer. Printed only one image. To do vector images I don't have to even use layers , just paste three images on the same layer and print. . .

You were doing it like Chuck and I expected - just that we did not realize you were talking bitmap not vector. I agree with vector you can paste right on top but I don't do it like that because you can quickly lose control as to what you have in the drawing. If it was all grouped before copying on itself I suppose you'd be fine but if there were bits and pieces you'll have a hard time separating everything back if needed. Also I don't always want everything duplicated. So I use layers for vectoring, so I know what is going on in the file.

Chuck says raster won't work like that . . . I can't remember trying it myself. His example (where it won't work) is for a single layer. You say it won't work with multiple layers. So I don't know if there is a way. Next week I might try to play with it.