PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem with photo engraving

Buzatu Andrei
03-23-2014, 4:26 PM
Hi all . I m new on forum and i have a co2 laser 80w from china.
I bought it 2 months ago and since then i tried to photo engrave on wood marble glass mirror acryl. Almost all my attemps failed. I tried diferent speeds power gap settings. I have photoshop and photoengrav. I watch all my attemps and i see that almost all of them are made from lines. I don t see the dots that i see in other picture engrave that i see on the internet. SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH . I M FROM ROMANIA

Bert Kemp
03-23-2014, 5:31 PM
Hi all . I m new on forum and i have a co2 laser 80w from china.
I bought it 2 months ago and since then i tried to photo engrave on wood marble glass mirror acryl. Almost all my attemps failed. I tried diferent speeds power gap settings. I have photoshop and photoengrav. I watch all my attemps and i see that almost all of them are made from lines. I don t see the dots that i see in other picture engrave that i see on the internet. SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH . I M FROM ROMANIA

What editing are you doing to your photos?

Buzatu Andrei
03-24-2014, 2:03 AM
I make them in grayscale 8 bit. I raise the brightness a little. and then i go to photograv for the last part of the editing.. in photograv i fon t know what is my spot size or my speed. But i tried with 1 touch laser and i have no hope..

walter hofmann
03-24-2014, 5:31 AM
hi there
post a picture and tell us a bit more about your machine especially what mother board you have and what program came with it.
greetings
waltfl

Bruce Dorworth
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Where are you located? there may be someone right in your own town that can help you.

Buzatu Andrei
03-24-2014, 7:09 PM
Sorry for the late post. I 'm from craiova. My motherbord is 6090. This is what i see on proprieties it came with laser cut 5.3. My picture are made with lines not dots. I will upload some picture tommorow... i need to know how to photo engrave on clear acrylic becouse i have 3 orders..

Pete James
03-24-2014, 8:01 PM
Lasercut does not work with color images. You need to convert your image to a dithered 1 bit format. There is a utube video that does a good job of showing how - just do a search for: Prepare image to laser engraving with photoshop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ULldN28V8)

Buzatu Andrei
03-25-2014, 3:59 AM
Thx for the reply. I tried this method. I know that laser cut doesn t know colours. I tried this method but the i put in the photograv. Photograv is my problem..? I think that my settings in photogrqv might be wrong. I don t know the exact settings to put in photograv

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-25-2014, 1:13 PM
Can you raster engrave squares such as 100% black, 70% black, 20% black? Do they show up as dots or lines?

Buzatu Andrei
03-26-2014, 4:25 AM
All image are made from lines.. only one photo that i take it from the web yesterday appers the dots. Perhaps i don t know how to set photograv. But when i make stamps i saw that the rubber where i engrave it was made from lines..