PDA

View Full Version : Greg M Ellis RD1290

Greg M Ellis
03-23-2014, 8:12 AM
285479Hi All, 12 months ago Bought A Redsail 1290 Laser Engraver out of china, I'm Happy with the unit, ----------But have a soft ware problem, ---------My PC froze and I waited an hour and still no change, I pushed the reset button, when it came back on line my Lasermate 5.2.05 looking like the photo, before the shut down the Program was in English, ----------I have been in touch with the people in China, ether they don't understand what I'm saying, and /or I'm not explaining it correct Also I'm using Coreldraw X5 the People in China tell me to go to Help and change to English ---------If you look at the Photo you will find there isn't any Help.
Regards Greg M Ellis downunder

Walt Langhans
03-23-2014, 9:08 AM
Yeah mine has done that on me a few times. In short, the program has reset itself back to the factory specs. That mean ANY setting that you have changed are gone, including any power / speed settings. If you haven't you should keep a written record of your stuff because this can happen again.

So to fix it... the top left corner is your layer settings, under that you have that line of 7 tabs. Click on the last tab to the right (this is your config tab) then in the bottom right hand corner of the tab area should be an arrow for a drop down menu, this is your language. Select English, and then redo all your settings and you'll be fine.

Greg M Ellis
03-23-2014, 9:03 PM
G'day Walt,
I don't wish to be rude ---------but there are no tabs or drawing settings on this Screen, This Screen is reversed to the Screen your are talking about, -----------------------please have a look at the Photo It's different to the Screen your talking about,
When my RD1290 was first installed I had the Screen you are talking about, and yes I can still use it but in a round about way,
For me the 2nd Screen is far easier to use ----er well it was.

Lucy Lee
03-23-2014, 9:52 PM
Dear,
I am not sure about this software, but if our laser cut with something wrong in different words, we usually reinstall the software, it will become normal. does this make sense?

Best Regards

G'day Walt,
I don't wish to be rude ---------but there are no tabs or drawing settings on this Screen, This Screen is reversed to the Screen your are talking about, -----------------------please have a look at the Photo It's different to the Screen your talking about,
When my RD1290 was first installed I had the Screen you are talking about, and yes I can still use it but in a round about way,
For me the 2nd Screen is far easier to use ----er well it was.

Walt Langhans
03-23-2014, 10:22 PM
G'day Walt,
but there are no tabs or drawing settings on this Screen,

Yes there are. They just don't say that in English anymore. In the pic that you posted I drew a box around the top area, those are your settings, under them are tabs that you can click on. The last tab to the right (with the box around it) is the config tab (it's just in chinees now). If you click on it it will take you to the configurations where you will find the arrow in the drop down menu I mention above.

Greg M Ellis
03-24-2014, 5:53 AM
Hi Lucy,
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Coreldraw X5 and Lasermate5.2.05 many times, with NO success,
Lucy from cnccheap (sales@cnccheap.com) from whom I bought my unit from is also trying to Help

Greg M Ellis
03-24-2014, 5:59 AM
G'day Walt,
What can I say, Thank you for the Info Walt,-----------------Now It's time for me to have a very large slice of Humble Pie,
Regards Greg M Ellis Downunder ( Hard to teach new tricks to old Dogs )

Bill George
03-24-2014, 9:49 AM
Computers can crash for various reasons. What OS are you running and what programs are you running at the same time the laser is working? Have you done a virus scan, and when was the last update installed? Downloaded any programs lately?

Walt Langhans
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM
No worries Greg, good luck.

Rodne Gold
03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
You need to look for the help files in one of the lasermates directories it installs in
I'm not sure what it's help files are called , but in my laserworks they are called lang_xx.ini , probably similar in lasermates?
Move all of those type files , barring one called eng or english in it, to a different place/directory so now all you have is the English one in that directory , then try restart the program and see if you get english labels etc

Greg M Ellis
03-24-2014, 6:29 PM
G'day Bill,
What OS are you running XP, and what programs are you running at the same time the laser is working? Corel Draw X 5 & Lasermate 5.2.05, Have you done a virus scan,Yes and came up with a Malware thing, and when was the last update installed? Downloaded any programs lately? None This unit ( PC ) is a stand a lone, just used to drive the Laser, I use a stick ( Thumb Drive ) to transfer info between PC's-------------I use Zonealarm

Bill George
03-24-2014, 7:12 PM
G'day Bill,
What OS are you running XP, and what programs are you running at the same time the laser is working? Corel Draw X 5 & Lasermate 5.2.05, Have you done a virus scan,Yes and came up with a Malware thing, and when was the last update installed? Downloaded any programs lately? None This unit ( PC ) is a stand a lone, just used to drive the Laser, I use a stick ( Thumb Drive ) to transfer info between PC's-------------I use Zonealarm

Try to find out about getting rid of your Malware, after that take your computer off the internet, disable the wireless in the settings and whatever. Un-install your Corel Draw X5 (is it Chinese software or the real deal), un-install LaserMate and reinstall in the order they tell you to. I found when running my CNC router that leaving the laptop connected or even trying to connect screwed it up when running some graphics programs which needed all the computer resources.

Greg M Ellis
03-25-2014, 10:49 AM
G'day Bill,
The Malware is gone removed with Spybot, No internet Connection and No wireless settings, The Corel Draw X5 is the Real thing, As for Lasermate5.2.05 it came with the Laser RD1290, Imported from China by me, I have uninstall LaserMate and reinstall it many times, and quite prepared to do it again, ------------Lucy from CNCCheap sent me a copy of Winzip it arrived yesterday via email with 45 days trial when I open it it said time was up HA HA, I'm happy to buy the Winzip if you chaps and Lasies think it's worth while.
Regards Greg M Ellis ( Hard to teach old Dogs new tricks )

Greg M Ellis
03-29-2014, 7:45 AM
G'day,
A Great big thank you,
To all the Troops, who pitch in and help me out of a bind,
Regards Greg M Ellis ( Down under )

Bill George
03-29-2014, 9:21 AM
Greg You can find WinZip on the internet as a download. Download on your other computer to a flash drive and take over to your shop computer. I never paid for mine, I think its "free" for personal use.

Kev Williams
03-29-2014, 11:48 AM
When reinstalling the software, there should be a 'language' choice?

I bring this up because I recently upgraded my X3 to X4, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get the plug-in from my PHsoft laser software to show up in X4. I re-installed PHsoft several times, checked thru the help PDF's and video's--

--After a few days of frustration I eventually figured out my problem was the "Install PHSoft" dialog box-- There was a drop down menu I'd forgot about that allows for installing Autocad and Corel plug-ins AFTER the main installation.

So I'm just wondering if your software may be hiding a menu that's preventing you from getting it to install correctly?