PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Steve King!

Mike Mastin
05-20-2003, 8:38 PM
Well I thought that I found my 6" S&D pipe locally, then the price seemed twice as much as what others had paid in other states. Cancelled the order.

Step in Steve King. He phones me today to tell me that he found a place nearby that happened to have some 6" S&D pipe tucked away and at a very good price! More in line with what Dennis and some of the others had mentioned that they paid. $1.00 per foot.

For Ken Garlock. I called Lowe's in Allen today and they told me that all that they had available was SDR35 pipe. $20.00 per 10 foot stick. Not bad for SDR35, but the $1.00 per foot was what I was trying to find :-)

Ken Garlock
05-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Mike, the Lowes person you talked to didn't know their inventory, or someone bought them out after 4 PM on Sunday. The stack of 2729 is on a top rack near the area of the black flexible drain pipe. Directly across the asile from the the 6 in. elbows.

I went back to Lowes this morning, and yes they have 2729 pipe, but I was WRONG about the size, they only have FOUR inch 2729. My appologies to you and the forum. I was so sure it was 6" that I would have bet on it. Sorry I mislead you.

Also give Groom & Son Hardware in McKinney a call and talk to a person in the plumbing section. Tell them to check on their 6 in.Schedule 25 and see if it doesn't say astm 2729 on it. If so, check the price.... I know for a fact that they had the 2729, and I "think" they called it schedule 25, but I'm not 100% sure. They don't know what 2729 is unless you point it out to them. :confused:

The same for Groom & Son, their 2729 was also 4 inch. another KGFU.