PDA

View Full Version : No power on laser psu

Clark Pace
03-21-2014, 4:52 PM
So I moved my laser to a new location. Now there is no power to the PSU? Also my machine is 220volt. China Model. My new place actually actually shows 232volts through the converter? The machine says 220? Anyway this could be the problem? Thoughts?

Dave Sheldrake
03-21-2014, 5:47 PM
Fuse?

which PSU and what type of machine, some chinese machines have 4 or 5 different power supplies in one machine

cheers

Dave

Allen Rawley
03-22-2014, 3:09 AM
Should not be a problem with 232 volts. I have contacted more than one China manufacturer of the power supplies and they have said that the supplies are good to 240V.

The RECI laser company manual for the DIY10 (typically used for the 80 watt laser) states,

The use standard for our power supply is under 220V, 50Hz. The fluctuation of the input voltage and frequency will affect the working current provided by the power supply, the effection is linear relative. The use standard for our power supply is under 220V, 50Hz. The fluctuation of the input voltage and frequency will affect the working current provided by the power supply, the effection is linear relative.

Aside from the bad grammar and spelling, what is being said is that your current is affected. If you want to make sure your current is okay, then setup your multi-meter and make sure the current does not go above 30 mA, and if it does then find the potentiometer and turn it down. See instructables.com for instructions on this, I think you can search china laser power supply and it will come up.