PDA

View Full Version : harborfright lathe

jeff zambron
03-20-2014, 11:57 PM
anybody have a either the 8 x12 or 10x 16 mini wood lathe from hf im looking to do a little pen turning

Dennis Nagle
03-21-2014, 6:22 AM
My big lathe weighs 4008lbs and when I needed a finial lathe I got the HF 8x12. It is a great lathe for the money AND, if you don't like it, take it back for a full refund.

Rich Engelhardt
03-21-2014, 7:57 AM
I normally shun recommending used equipment - but - there are a couple of exceptions.

One is a wood lathe.

I looked into the HF lathes about a year ago. Then I saw a post here where someone recommended picking up a used lathe for $50 to $100 and getting all sorts of freebies (tools & chucks and what not). I thought, yeah right, in my area used tools are usually listed for more than new ones.
I looked at CL - and - sure enough. There seems to be an abundance of used lathes for good to excellent prices.

HANK METZ
03-21-2014, 9:21 AM
I normally shun recommending used equipment - but - there are a couple of exceptions.

One is a wood lathe.

I looked into the HF lathes about a year ago. Then I saw a post here where someone recommended picking up a used lathe for $50 to $100 and getting all sorts of freebies (tools & chucks and what not). I thought, yeah right, in my area used tools are usually listed for more than new ones.
I looked at CL - and - sure enough. There seems to be an abundance of used lathes for good to excellent prices.

I agree with this, same thing in my neck of the woods, the packages are just about a total giveaway. Occasionally you'll get the misinformed poster who just does a quickie Ebay search and figures his is worth the same if not more because "it's old". Just wait it out, one will be along shortly.