PDA

View Full Version : Delta 22-580 Wixey set up.

Kent E. Matthew
03-20-2014, 6:54 PM
Delta Planer 22-580. I have cut out the housing per instruction and installed the unit. Calibration is next. The instructions say, "Line up the top of the readout case to match the planers height setting. I didn't note this before I disassembled the tape in favor of installation to this point. That tape was not close to begin with before I took it apart. How do I proceed now? Many thanks for any help.

Wixey
03-21-2014, 3:57 PM
Hi Kent. Since no one else is answering this I will. The instructions are refering to the silver scale markings on the Wixey planer readout. If you have lowered the head to a pre set position like 1/8" just align the top of the readout with the 1/8 mark on the silver scale. If you set this in some unknow spot just lower the the head to one of the preset stops and set it up. You don't have to pay attention to the Delta scale you disconnected. If you have more questions about this just email me at digital@wixey.com.

Barry Wixey

Kent E. Matthew
03-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank you very much. I brought a veneer caliper home from work. I was going to run a board through and measure it and set the scale to that approximate readout. I was not aware this model has preset stops. I'll have to find the manual online and find out about that. I'll have to work with it tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

fRED mCnEILL
03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
The simple way is to plane a board and then measure the thickness. Voila! The measurement will NOT be approximate, it will be dead on.

Kent E. Matthew
03-22-2014, 7:44 PM
I think I have it. I was having trouble when I discovered the bottom was below the planer table. Shimmed that up and now I'm within three one thousands. Thanks to all.