PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Introduce myself

Jon Sollee
03-20-2014, 1:08 PM
My name is Jon and I have been Laser Etching and cutting since July 2011. My background is digital photography and graphic design. I have been "lurking" the forums and have come across many interesting topics and issues which have helped me in some ways. Seems like there are not many Vytek users on the forum so I thought I would bring in my experiences. I know the machine VERY well now and have done major projects for many big companies, as well as design, many interesting pieces.

So in all Hello to my fellow "creekers," and thank you for everyone's contributions to the engravers forum.

PS. If anyone needs help with files, hints, tips or tricks ect.. feel free to ask!

Jon

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-20-2014, 1:24 PM
Great to have you "speak up" and introduce yourself. Looking forward to reading your comments in future posts!

Paul Phillips
03-20-2014, 5:00 PM
Welcome Jon, always good to have more experience added to the mix, maybe you could post a few pics of your favorite pieces when you have a chance so we can see what you use that big 'ol machine for. Seems like Vytek is a bit more on the industrial side of things, how has your experience been with them? I've heard mixed reviews mostly, so it would be good to get a new perspective.
Thanks
Paul

Dee Gallo
03-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Hi Jon, welcome to the Creek! We'd love to see pix of your work - this place is all about sharing. Hope you have a lot of fun cruising through past posts, there's a LOT of info here! It's great to have a Vytek guy too - we can use all the tech knowledge we can get!

cheers, dee

Jon Sollee
03-21-2014, 1:34 PM
Paul,

My experiences with Vytek have been great. No big disasters or failures. Usually just glitches in the firmware and software. IE. LASERWORX. Here a few photos of the big stuff I have done.

1)FiDM in downtown LA. 4'x8' laser cut and etched 1/4" acrylic blue
2)Custom wood art 4'x8' for Beverly Hills private resident
3)15" seals on TRESPA laser etched for Pikes Peak College 7' Tall
4) Laser cut Veneer pieces to make huge conference table. Over 10' long. Took photo after Veneer company was finished with their process.

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-21-2014, 1:46 PM
They look great Jon! It's hard to imagine working with such large sizes of material. That would not be fun to have an oops moment.

Jon Sollee
03-21-2014, 1:49 PM
Thanks Mike! Oh and yes. We have had the building lose power in the middle of one project. So much for that piece we had to throw away and start over! :/

Paul Phillips
03-21-2014, 4:49 PM
Jon, very nice work, I love the art piece, what a great idea, very simple yet effective, all outstanding, thanks for sharing.