PDA

View Full Version : Air Line Filter

Bernie Weishapl
06-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Now that I have a new compressor on the way I have another question. In this small town I cannot find air line filter. I have been told to stay away from the units that have the lubricator with them. Where can I get one and what should I watch out for? I see some on ebay saying 5 micron mini filters with gauge and regulator. Are these ok? Any info would be appreciated.

Bernie

Ken Garlock
06-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Bernie, I have never bought anything from Ebay, but I feel that there is some good items for sale there. With that in mind, I would stick with a known quality supplier like McMaster & Carr. If have bought from them several times and have gotten quality parts, and their catalog is outstanding. They may not have everything, but they are a close second. :)

Give them a look at McMaster (http://www.mcmaster.com/). I can place an order over the weekend, and have the item delivered on Wednesday. :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
06-21-2005, 1:19 PM
Thanks for the info Ken. I will give them a look see and see what they have. I appreciate the info.

Bernie

Hank Knight
06-21-2005, 2:16 PM
Look at MSC Industrial Supply Company. They have almost everything you could need and are very pleasant to do business with. Their online catalog is fairly easy to use, ordering online is painless and delivery is very fast. You can find them at www.mscdirect.com. I'm not affiliated with MSC, just a satisfied customer.

Ken Garlock
06-21-2005, 5:26 PM
Yes Hank, MSC is another good place to buy. I have bought from them, but have bought more from McMaster & Carr. ;)