PDA

View Full Version : Laserworks V 6 min power problems

John Stevenson
03-19-2014, 7:22 PM
When engraving, scan as they call it, machine works fine but of some of the finer materials I cant drop the power below 12
If I scan at 13 then it all works fine , 12 is a bit borderline but 11 doesn't fire the laser at all ?

Is there any settings at all in vendor settings I'm missing ?

Old laser with Lasercut 5.3 would drop right down to 3 or 4

One last question is V6.0 the last version of software or has there been an upgrade released ?

Dan Hintz
03-19-2014, 7:57 PM
Is your new laser more powerful than the last? If so, that explains that...

John Stevenson
03-19-2014, 8:05 PM
Slightly more so but i'm struggling to stop it burning on materials like the yellow on black and white on black laminates.
i have increased speed as far as it will go but on small letters it's just too fierce.

can anyone else with one of the generic Chinese A3 sized lasers check to see what they can go down to please ?

Craig Dawes
03-19-2014, 8:14 PM
G'Day everyone, the latest version is 6.0.38. I have the same issue 12 and below nothing happens, maybe Rodne knows of a setting that could help.

Jacob Davalos
03-19-2014, 9:11 PM
have you gentlemen tried lowering the power with the analog dial? It could be a software issue?

Rodne Gold
03-19-2014, 9:44 PM
Most of the glass tubed lasers will not fire reliably under 10% power

Dave Sheldrake
03-19-2014, 9:52 PM
Nature of the beast I'm afraid guys, DC tubes require a given current and voltage to sustain an arc (Plasma)under this the arc is unreliable or doesn't have the power to strike and hold. It's not the software, it's the nature of the way DC excited tubes work.

As Rod says 10% is just about the limit for DC tubes of any size/power, if you need to go lower to get the power level required then the only real solution is a lower powered tube. The older a tube gets the higher the power they require to sustain the arc.

cheers

Dave