PDA

View Full Version : Recent Project Completion

George Bokros
03-19-2014, 6:11 PM
Just finished the apothecary cabinet for the wife. It is made from sugar pine with dovetailed soft maple drawers. Finish is Zar cherry stain with six coats General Finishes of Armr Seal poly. Inside is finished with Zinnser Seal Coat.

This was fun to build. Learned some new things, PC dovetail jig, the three panel drawer fronts.

Used Somerfelt tongue and groove system for attaching the face frame to the sides and the interior sub frames to the cabinet sides, utilized pocket hole screws for the interior sub frames and to attach the sub frames to the cabinet sides and face frame.

The last picture is after it was place in its home on the foyer balcony so the railing obscures some of it.

George

Howard Rosenberg
03-19-2014, 6:43 PM
Very impressive.

You did a great job of the proportions and overall feel.

Thank you for posting them.

Howard

George Bokros
03-19-2014, 6:57 PM
We saw one these at a local store that sells unfinished furniture and the wife liked it. I was able to take a few measurements plus found it on the mfg website and drew my own plans using the overall size we wanted it to be as a guide. The proportions came out good for an rank amateur.

George

Buck Williams
03-19-2014, 6:58 PM
Nice job of carrying the grain through horizontally on the drawer fronts. It's the little things that make a piece stand out, and flow.

Bill McNiel
03-19-2014, 7:49 PM
Glad you explained about the railing. Thought for a minute it might have misbehaved and been put in "time out".

jim tritz
03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
George,

Really nice job! My wife wants me to build one as well. (smaller size drawers and more of them) what did you use for drawer sliders or guides? I cant tell from your picture. Thanks