PDA

View Full Version : Need help on pricing

Jim Guy
06-20-2005, 9:23 PM
Just got back from a business I do consulting for. The owner has two pieces of equipment that have only a few hours on each and he offered to sell them to me. First is a Grizzly 12" jointer. Cannot remember the model but I think Grizzly sells this model for around $2,100.00 new. The other item is a Performax drum sander. The plate on the front said "Super 37 x 2"
It has two 4" dust ports. Both items for $1,500.00.
Both items seem to be in good shape and I work with this guy several days a week so I'm certain he is not trying to get one over on me.

Is this a "forget it - OK - good - or great deal."

Don't know much about either machine, however I do know I have room for both in my shop.
Thanks in advance for your help.

CPeter James
06-20-2005, 9:34 PM
The sander is about $4,000.00 new. I have the 25-2 and it is $3,600.00. How fast can you get the money into his hands. I use the sander all the time for all sorts of things. You will find that the biggest drawback is the footprint on the floor is shop space is a problem. Parts are available it you need them, and most of the bearings and belts are off the shelf items.

C
Peter

CPeter James
06-20-2005, 9:37 PM
On the paper strips for the sander, you can save tons of money (more that half) by getting uncut rolls from third party sources. Also, the same for the conveyor belt. I just bought 2 for $22 each vs $70 each from performax. They work just fine.

CPeter

Mike Cutler
06-20-2005, 9:46 PM
Jim. If these machines are in working order..Grab Em'. That's a very good deal, and it only gets better with the condition of the machines.

Richard Wolf
06-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I think he is ripping you off. He's got some nerve. Let me have his name and address and I'll take care of this situation for you.

If these are two machines that you have a need for, sounds like you do, it sounds like an excellent buy. Give him the cash and thank him very much.

Richard

Nick Mitchell
06-20-2005, 11:58 PM
You're definitely ripping him off. approx $9k in equipment for $1500. If it's the supermax 37x2 drum sander, it lists around $6000 I think. This guy obviously has more money than......... Offer him a grand, he'll probably take it :rolleyes:

http://www.exfactory.com/photos/SW/01119301.JPG