PDA

View Full Version : A new member of the Speedy 300 club

Mark Ward
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Just thought I'd post up a quick proper hello now we are the owners of a nice new shiney Trotec Speedy 300 80w (well 86w according to the Trotec engineer who measured it on install). I'm Mark and based in the UK, my wife will likely bob in from time to time too on here, we're currently tripping over ourselves wanting to have our turn on the machine :p

It arrived on Friday and I had to get 3 mates round to help us get it into the room we were having it, I had been worried about theft and such like but I can't see many people getting very far with one of these, what an absolute beast!

The Trotec engineer came out yesterday for the install and was with us for 6 hours running through loads of different things and how to go abotu using the machine, a very good job and it's clear that the Trotec guys know their stuff, there was too much to fully take in properly but enough that we have been able to get ourself going and playing around with it, probably the best way of leanring is getting in and experimenting! I'm set to a full size Aztec thing later, it seems like this is the right of passage for any new laser owner to take from what I have read on here :)

Anyway, wanted to say hello and I'll be seeing much more of you all :)

Tony Lenkic
03-18-2014, 1:06 PM
Mark, Congrats on your new Speedy 300 and welcome to the growing club of Trotec users.

matthew knott
03-18-2014, 1:41 PM
Welcome Mark !! What are you planing to do with your new sexy laser? Were in the UK also in Bedfordshire, there's people dotted all across the UK on here and lots of people with trotecs so you can get some good advise !

Mike Null
03-18-2014, 3:48 PM
Mark

Congratulations and welcome to SMC. Be sure to have a look at Steve Shepherds thread on Job Control training.

donald bugansky
03-18-2014, 6:00 PM
Congrats Mark on your new laser. You'll never look back after purchasing a Trotec. They are a lot of fun! Enjoy.

Steve Morris
03-18-2014, 7:39 PM
Wotcher & welcome Mark.

In the "300 club " :) we are in Hertfordshire.

All the best
Steve

Robert Tepper
03-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Congratulations on joining the growing Trotec family. You have made an excellent investment.

Robert

Dee Gallo
03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the Creek and congratulations on your new toy! I guarantee you and your wife will have a blast with it!

cheers, dee

Jiten Patel
03-19-2014, 4:42 AM
Welcome mate - based in London...so if you ever need a hand, give me a shout. What are you and your wife going to be using the machine for?

Mark Ward
03-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys and for all the advice and offers of help, I'll be bending your ears in no time :D

Initially our plans had been down the personalised gifts route (they still are as we aquired the domain personalisedgifts.co.uk a few years ago and currently it is just used to promote other personalised gift companies so we figured it would be put to better use to promote some of our own instead), however the more and more research we have done we know that there is so much more available to us such as signs and a range of other smaller business ideas we can bring together in a few areas we have interests in. We are very much going to try our hands at a wide range of things! :)

Very excited at all the prospects and with the results of some of the pretty basic things we have created so far, really buzzing :)

Jiten Patel
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
That's a great market to get into and domain. We are doing a lot of personalised gifts, and there is a huge market out there if you get your products right. We launched that side of our business only 3-4 months ago and already it is flying! Good luck with it all.