PDA

View Full Version : A question for Powermatic 2013 owners.

Brian McCaskill
03-17-2014, 2:29 PM
I am trying to replace the upper wheel on my mid '90's, 20" Jet WBS-20-1 that Walter Maier has seen fit to deem obsolete. Over the past week I have been trying to cross reference my existing wheel against every wheel I can still actually get my hands on. What I need is the exact o.d. and width of the upper wheel on the PM 2013. It's the only wheel I've found that uses the same 6205 bearings and is still in production. Being that they are manufactured by the same company, I have my fingers and toes crossed that they match.

Fwiw, I have spoken to the techs at WM and was told "it is a 20 inch wheel." The problem is, I was told the model I have used 20 inch wheel (it's 19.5" with the tire) and when I asked about the current model, so I could have the hub machined to work on my saw, I was told "it's a 20 inch wheel (it is 20.5" without the tire, and not even remotely close to fitting.) So, now I am stuck eating shipping charges on the new wheel both ways and a possible restocking fee.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Matt Day
03-17-2014, 3:05 PM
Sorry I did not respond to your private message quicker. I had a plumbing issue I had to take care of.
The outer dimension of the upper wheel is 20.5" and the width of the wheel is 1.78".

Brian McCaskill
03-17-2014, 3:07 PM
Thanks a ton. I was actually looking at my PM's and my Sent folder was empty, so I assumed that the message hadn't gone through.