PDA

View Full Version : Holy Engineering Batman.....

Scott Shepherd
03-17-2014, 1:45 PM
I didn't realize this thing was still out there....

http://mashable.com/2014/03/17/voyager-1-timeline/

Talk about an Engineering accomplishment. Still active and working today. That's unbelievable. Someone should get a pat on the back for that one.

11,820,700,000 miles from the Sun and still working, yet no one can figure out how to stop someone from Nigeria from sending me an email? I think we have the wrong people working on that issue. Can we get those guys from 1977 to come back and work on a couple more things? We need people like that today!

Dan Hintz
03-17-2014, 2:42 PM
For those that missed it, read the note at the bottom of the graphic to get a real sense of the distances we're talking about here...

Bill Orbine
03-17-2014, 5:05 PM
11,820,700,000 miles from the Sun and still working, yet no one can figure out how to stop someone from Nigeria from sending me an email? I think we have the wrong people working on that issue. Can we get those guys from 1977 to come back and work on a couple more things? We need people like that today!

Unstoppable Journey! Impressive. I suppose as soon as they figure out how to stop the Voyager from traveling further out, then maybe they'll figure out how to stop the email from Nigeria! :D

Kent A Bathurst
03-17-2014, 6:10 PM
Star Trek: The Movie

V-Ger.