PDA

View Full Version : X axis problem, need help

Dan Ashlin
03-17-2014, 8:43 AM
Yesterday, my x axis on my legacy lasers machine just randomly stopped working. I had a small hiccup a few days ago when the x axis started jumping all over the table during engraving, but sending the machine to home fixed it and it didn't happen again until yesterday. I sent it to home and not the x axis just vibrates violently. If I stop it from going to datum and hold down a directional button it will vibrate and them move, but in whatever direction it feels like, not the direction I'm pressing on the control panel. I switched the x and y inputs on the board, same problem. Switched the x and y motor drivers, same problem. Dean from legacy got me a new board and x axis driver, but the issue continues with the x axis. We've narrowed it down to perhaps a wiring/motor issue, but I wanted to see if anyone here had some insight before I start hacking wires out of my machine. I'll post a video of the problem as soon as I can.
Thanks!
Dan

Dan Ashlin
03-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Here is a video of the problem
http://youtu.be/gKANotYnUfU

Dan Ashlin
03-17-2014, 2:33 PM
Found the problem finally. Faulty wire

Mark Sipes
03-17-2014, 3:01 PM
Glad we could help!

Dan Ashlin
03-17-2014, 5:55 PM
Glad we could help!
Thanks! Lol. Ended up having to cut the x axis moter out as it was hard weird. Found where it had broken off at an internal junction point.

Mark Sipes
03-17-2014, 7:06 PM
At least you have the skills to tear into the machine and put it back together. I've replaced 3 x-axis motors on my Speedy 1..... every 4 years like clock work...dang brushed motors..