PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2014, 8:20 AM
17 Mar 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
Woke up this morning to a dash of snow that fell last night but not enough to be what I call snow. We've had a lot of rain as of late and now the temps have dropped again. Never fear, just wait a few hours and it will warm back up again. :)

The LOML and I have been cleaning up and getting rid of junk in the shop. We've made good progress but I still have a ways to go yet. I'm getting closer to getting done and a friend of mine has been helping me move a couple of machine in the shop. I still have a new circuit to run and hook up for the new lathe location. I will have that done this week and hopefully get the lathe moved by the end of this week.

Back to the day job today....and I already know it's going to be a busy one. So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
03-17-2014, 9:52 AM
Mostly house projects this weekend. Replaced light fixture and a couple other quick projects. Woke to a small earthquake this morning.

Matt Meiser
03-17-2014, 9:57 AM
Worked on installing some drain tile to get water away from the shop. Always been a little bit of a problem but its been getting a little worse and a little worse. With this years unprecedented snowfall it became a real problem. I was only able to get about 1/2 done with the first phase due to spots that were still froze but it will still help. Worked on doing some spring cleaning in the shop as evidenced in my classifieds thread. Lots of stuff out there I haven't used in long time (or ever in some cases.)

Matt Berry
03-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Decided it was time to get all my cut offs organized, so instead of a giant pile of lumber under the stairwell, it is all nice, neat and organized.

284939 284940

Bill McNiel
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM
2 more gloss coats on the Boat Desk transom face. Successful template for one end of the "V" table (YIPPEE!). House chores. Procrastination.

Don Roberson II
03-17-2014, 6:20 PM
I put a new Electric panel in the Garage/shop. My new addition (restored PM66 TS) uses 220v & didn't have enough room in the old box

John McClanahan
03-17-2014, 6:55 PM
New brakes and rear tire on my Goldwing.

John

Keith Hankins
03-17-2014, 9:21 PM
SawStop ICS 5hp delivered installed and running!

Bill McNiel
03-17-2014, 10:25 PM
nice toy Keith.

Drew Pavlak
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
I finally got one of the heaters in my barn installed. Got just enough drywall hung to get it installed. Still need to secure the one cable with some cable clamps, so it looks a little neater, and trim out around the fresh air intake and gas pipe. It is a SpaceRay Radiant Tube Heater, 50K btu. I finally have heat, and now I probably won't need it. :rolleyes: Anyway take a look. My brother-in-law and I were excited.

Yonak Hawkins
03-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Decided it was time to get all my cut offs organized...under the stairwell

Vertical storage seems to be the perfect solution there. ..Looks good.

David Hostetler
03-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Spent very little time in the shop, some time at Harbor Freight this past weekend. Picked up the Pocket Hole jig, doweling jig, 14pc and 3pc large Bimetal hole saw sets. Tested out the pocket hole jig, LOVE IT, tested out the doweling jig. Self centering my.... never mind...

Pulled down the jointer to work on some stock prep, and found the handle for the fence in / out adjustment broken. Since Sunhill is gone, and I couldn't find parts locally, I fabbed up a quick & dirty Walnut star knob to take its place, works great.

Build a very basic scrap plywood box for the 3PC large hole saw set. Again works great!

Started pulling down stock to select for machining for my Mission dog kennel project. Still working on the selection process. I have some nice wide stock too, 10" +. I think I am going to rig up a planer sled for this stuff instead of cutting it to run it over the jointer...

Detailed write ups and photos of the whole thing are on my blog http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

jeff zambron
03-19-2014, 12:20 PM
I made this

Dave Ray
03-19-2014, 8:52 PM
Nice, very nice.... like the choice of woods.