PDA

View Full Version : Branding iron

Dwight Rutherford
03-16-2014, 11:42 AM
I am a woodturner and want to brand my work with my initials or makers mark. Looking for a brand that I can use for small or curved surfaces. Two or three letters or a symbol that are about 1/4" high and 1/2" wide. Didactic search of this forum and found nothing (could be I'm in the wrong place). Poked around on the "Net" and found this thefrankescom/wp/?p=1893[/url] Looks like what I am after but the whole technology is way beyond me. Can anyone help me in my quest or point me in the right direction?

P.S. The brand itself could be attached to a soldering iron or just simply heated by a propane torch.

Scott Shepherd
03-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Dwight, what are you looking for? Do you just need someone to create the file that you can send to Shapeways? If so, post the image you want and I'm sure someone here will create the file for you. They just need to understand what you need (a 3D file, I suspect, for 3D printing). Something like that would be really easy and only take a couple of minutes.

Stan Powers
03-16-2014, 12:13 PM
I went through the same search about five years ago.
I went with this company
http://brandnew.net/
They did a custom brand for me attached to a soldering iron. This is just a hobby for me, but it has worked well and it is nice to able to mark my work.

The brand is attached. They were a good company to work with and and provide a good turn around

Stan