PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker Drill Press Table Mini Gloat

Raymond Fries
03-14-2014, 9:09 PM
Got my new table and the fence today and excited to get it setup. I decided to go with the package that has the knuckle clamps. It looks really nice and should be plenty accurate. I put my Veritas precision steel straight edge across the width over the centering hole and there is a slight dip that measures .011 right next to where the insert sits. I cannot imagine that this will ever cause problems for wood. The bottom is dead flat. Kinda wish the bottom had the dip and not the top.

Hopefully, I can give it a workout this weekend.

Enjoy Life...

Mike Cozad
03-15-2014, 4:45 AM
I have the woodcraft branded version bought cheap on a closeout. Love it. I have the original style fence and clamps but am ready to pull the trigger on the taller fence now available. Also prefer the red over the black.

Rich Riddle
03-15-2014, 7:59 AM
I have the Woodpeckers version and find it quite nice. If you have a chance get the taller fence Woodpeckers offers; it's quite an improvement over the shorter standard version. Not inexpensive at $60, but nothing the manufacture is cheap. I never measured the table to determine the ultimate flatness but it works fine for woodwork and minor metal work.

Raymond Fries
03-15-2014, 8:39 AM
I only measured it for flatness because I read a post stating that the table arrived cupped. Mine looked flat but just wanted to measure it for curosity. I bet it is within Woodpecker's specs as well and it will work perfectly for my needs. I did order the taller fence with the table which will be nice for taller stock. I am going to love this addition to my drill press. I love Woodpecker products and I have always been happy with every purchase from them.

Enjoy Life...

Don Morris
03-15-2014, 10:29 AM
I have one of the Woodpecker tables with a low fence. I'm not sure I would be happy with a permanent tall fence. I think it would get in the way of some procedures I do. The shorter fence hasn't stopped me from positioning my work so far. I can see where on occasion, it might be helpful, but I'm happy with my low fence at this time. Now on a router table or a SCMS, i'd be more inclined to look favorably at a permanently installed tall fence.

Raymond Fries
03-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Don - I agree. I plan on swapping as needed and with the design it will be pretty quick. I will use the lower fence most of the time but wanted the taller one for some tasks.

Enjoy Life...

Tom Walz
03-17-2014, 2:12 PM
Woodpeckers' is really good about this sort of thing.

If you are not happy I suggest you call your retailer. If they can't / won't help you then call Woodpeckers directly.

If you were good enough to buy it from us or if you want any help call Carbide Processors 800 346-8274 and one of the nice ladies will be more than happy to help you.

Also sales@carbideprocessors.com or csq@carbideprocessors.com

Tom

Jim Laumann
03-17-2014, 3:54 PM
I bought a Woodpecker w/ the Jet 17" press I got last week - not had a chance to get the press put together yet, much less the table, but good comments to see about the table.

Jim

Paul McGaha
03-17-2014, 4:02 PM
I really like the looks of that Woodpecker table. Very nice, as usual from them.

My drill press table is from Rockler. It's fine, I think it's pretty similar to the Woodpecker table.

PHM