PDA

View Full Version : Leeway Splitter Help on PM66

Henry Kramer
03-14-2014, 6:27 PM
I ordered some splitters for my PM66 from Leeway Workshop LLC. It took a month maybe more to receive them but when I did all I received was an envelope with 3 nicely sculpted pieces of stainless steel. They arent necessarily sharpened down on what would appear to be the leading edge like most splitters that I see, and they are stamped: 66B.105. I did not order the Shark Guard because I didnt want the guard nor did it appear that the guard had to be ordered to make the splitters fit. No instructions came with the splitters. I assumed (apparently wrongly assumed) that the Leeway splitters would bolt up to the adjustable bolt behind the blade on my PM66, but it does not fit. I went to the contact section on the Leeway website and it says that an email works better than a call because they are all in the shop and even if they could take the call it is too noisey to talk. So I emailed them. That was earlier today so maybe it will take a while. Meanwhile, It appears that I didn't order the right parts or that there was something else that I should have ordered to go with the 3 stainless splitters that I received that are basically useless to me as they sit. Any help or suggestions from anyone with a PM66 and experience with Leeway splitters.:confused:
Thank you,
Hank

Nelson Howe
03-14-2014, 8:28 PM
I have the shark guard for that saw and love it. I think you need the shark guard mount to use the splitters. Mine came with the three splitters. Iirc, it took quite a while to receive my guard. I think it is a small side business. The product is excellent, but he is probably busy as you suggest. I would guess he will make things right for you when he can. I had to change out the oem mount to install the guard. You should be able to buy the mount from him without having to get the whole guard. But the dust collection with the guard is really good.

Nelson

David Kumm
03-14-2014, 8:45 PM
Lee is a really good guy. He will get back to you and figure out a solution. Dave

David Hostetler
03-14-2014, 9:34 PM
Lee is a top notch guy. Give him time he'll get you squared away...