PDA

View Full Version : Laser Forum File Attachments

Keith Outten
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
We are changing the way we have been offering DVD's of our file attachments to those of you who are interested in purchasing the discs. In the past we offered DVD sets that included file attachments from every forum, starting today we will only offer DVD's from each individual forum. The reason for the change is that I have finally accepted the fact that the majority here are only interested in only one discipline therefore it seems prudent to provide our file attachment archive DVD's that only include the information from individual forums.

It takes me many hours over several evenings just to review all of the pictures and remove those that are copy protected and as many duplicates as I can find. Because of the length of time required to review the files I have decided to make the new DVD's available one forum at a time when my review of each forum is complete. The Engravers Forum is the first one that is ready, the new DVD's are now available.

The new DVD contains every file attachment since the Engravers Forum was created through and including 2013. There are a total of 13,857 files of which there are 2,224 Corel Draw drawings, the remaining are mostly pictures, PDF's, DWG/DXF, and other assorted graphics. The files are stored in folders identified by the year they were uploaded. Each filename includes the name of the owner, this is to provide you with the necessary means of contacting the owner to acquire permission should you want to use their work for commercial purposes.

To purchase the DVD use the Donate link on the blue menu to go to PayPal. Our PayPal address is (sales@northwindassociates.com) and make sure you enter in the description that you want to purchase the Engravers Forum DVD. Please provide your shipping address as well.

The cost is $12.00 which includes free shipping in the continental United States.

If you prefer to order the DVD via personal or company check the address is available via the Donate link.

All funds collected will be used to support our costs associated with running SawMill Creek.

David Somers
03-13-2014, 1:46 PM
Thanks Keith!

Appreciate you doing that! I can only guess how much work that is to put together!
Just popped off a Paypal to you! Looking forward to browsing through it.

Dave

Chris J Anderson
03-13-2014, 9:40 PM
Hi Keith,
Am I able to have one sent to Australia ?

Happy to pay extra shipping etc.

Cheers,
Chris

Keith Outten
03-14-2014, 9:19 AM
Chris,

Sure, we can send the DVD to you in Australia just send a Private Message to my wife Jackie Outten and give her your address so she can get your shipping costs and get back to you.

Chris J Anderson
03-14-2014, 9:50 PM
Good stuff, many thanks for your work on this.

Cheers,
Chris

Mark Ward
03-15-2014, 3:40 AM
This sounds great, I'll send Jackie a message too and see how much to send to the UK :)

David Somers
03-20-2014, 7:47 PM
Keith,

Just FYI. The DVD arrived today! Many thanks!!

Dave

Keith Outten
03-21-2014, 11:07 AM
David,

Enjoy!
You will see pictures and drawings that you missed in this Forum. It's impossible to view every thread, even for me but you can easily go through the pictures on your local machine. The drawings will take some time to view.

Note:
All of the Engravers Forum DVD's that have been ordered have been shipped except two, they will both be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Don Corbeil
03-22-2014, 9:54 AM
order on it's way...
thanks for making this available, Keith.

Keith Outten
03-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks Don.

Chris J Anderson
04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Just received my CD - sincere thanks for your efforts - much appreciated.

EDIT - WOW - This was worth it just for the fonts - thanks again...

Cheers,
Chris

Keith Outten
04-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks Chris,

I doubt you could find a more comprehensive library anywhere. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I'm really impressed how fast the Laser Engraving Forum has become the third largest Forum here at The Creek.

Keith Outten
04-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks Again,

Orders for the Engravers DVD have been coming in every day. Thanks to all of you for supporting SawMill Creek and I know you will enjoy your DVD.
The last two PayPal orders will be shipped tomorrow morning April 10th.

The bonus Public Domain Fonts I have included on the DVD is just another way we show our appreciation.

Don Anthony
05-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Keith,

I would like to order the $12.00 Engravers Forum DVD but when I click on the Donate link in the blue menu it only gives me set choices with pre-determined amounts. Example: Annual Contribution, Monthly recurring contribution, Friends of the Creek, etc. Should I just send you the $12.00 through PayPal directly, or is there something I'm missing when clicking onthe Donate Link?

Thank you,
Don
A-1 Engraving Service

Keith Outten
05-26-2014, 3:37 AM
Don,

We haven't setup a direct link to the engravers forum DVD so you have to edit the transaction and put 12.00 and the Engravers Forum DVD in the description. Lately the disconnect between Aaron Koehl and myself has made it difficult for us to get a lot of things corrected here. My health problems have had me on the sidelines for weeks now and Jackie and Aaron have had to take care of all my work here but we are finally getting things moving again.

Jackie Outten
05-26-2014, 1:15 PM
Don

You can send the funds through paypal to sales@northwindassociates.com

Jackie Outten

Don Anthony
05-26-2014, 3:03 PM
Thanks Keith,

I'll order through PayPal now.

Don Anthony
05-26-2014, 3:04 PM
Thanks Jackie,

I'll order through PayPal Now.

Andrew Holz
06-05-2014, 3:57 PM
Thanks a lot, guys. I got the CD in today's mail. Well done!

Keith Outten
06-05-2014, 4:40 PM
Your welcome,

I know you will enjoy the pictures so the drawings and other files will be icing on the cake :)

Bill George
06-28-2014, 5:33 PM
Are these still for sale??

Keith Outten
06-29-2014, 1:05 AM
Bill,

Yes, I burn several sets of DVD's ever month.

Thane Lorbach
07-12-2014, 2:39 PM
Keith,
Tried to follow your directions to order the $12 CD but couldn't make it work. When you get time could you email re how to order please? Currently have spotty web connection but can always read emails on my phone.
Thanks for your help.
Thane Lorbach
ThaneLorbach@gmail.com

Josh Borlovan
07-16-2014, 1:58 PM
Keith, I just ordered yesterday! I can't wait to get it in and start browsing.

Jackie Outten
07-16-2014, 4:39 PM
Thane

You can go paypal.com and send $12 to sales@northwindassociates.com. Just include your address and we will get your DVD shipped out.

Jackie Outten

Josh Borlovan
07-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Got it in 3 days! Thanks so much for the quick turnaround.

Keith Outten
07-18-2014, 3:11 PM
Josh,

Enjoy the DVD, it will keep you up late at night though :)

James Cochrun
07-22-2014, 9:17 PM
I sent my payment via paypal for a DVD. Can't wait to get mine.

Jim Cochrun

James Cochrun
07-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Got my DVD yesterday. Love it.

Allan Rabanales
07-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Received mine. Purchased through PayPal and got it in a couple of days.
What a treat! Well worth it.

Nicolas Silva
09-12-2014, 9:05 PM
ordered 09/01. haven't heard anything. I tried to email to sales@northwindassociates.com
but the message bounced. yahoo mail says mailbox does not exist.
Do I need to open up a paypal case?

Keith Outten
09-12-2014, 9:33 PM
Nicolas,

sales@northwindassociates.com is a paypal address not an email address.

I will check my records to see if your DVD was shipped.

Keith Outten
09-13-2014, 7:57 PM
Nick,

I issued you a refund.

Nicolas Silva
09-13-2014, 8:57 PM
Hello. Does that mean I'm not getting one?

Keith Outten
09-14-2014, 6:39 AM
Nick,

I interpreted your post above to mean you wanted a refund. I failed to ship your DVD so I felt it best to make sure your money was refunded as it was my fault for missing your purchase. If you want me to ship you a DVD do another PayPal transaction and I will make sure your DVD is shipped the next day.

Shawn Morris
10-05-2014, 6:54 AM
Just ordered a DVD via Paypal.

Thanks

Bernie Fraser
10-26-2014, 3:46 PM
I received my disc recently and I have only had a quick browse . Well worth it , thanks so much for putting this together .

David Lupp
11-03-2014, 8:10 PM
Hello Keith...
I could not get this to work, Ordering The DVD...."To purchase the DVD use the Donate link on the blue menu to go to PayPal. Our PayPal address is (sales@northwindassociates.com) and make sure you enter in the description that you want to purchase the Engravers Forum DVD."
Any Help in this matter would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

Keith Outten
11-04-2014, 6:49 AM
David,

Go directly to PayPal and enter our PayPal address (sales@northwindassociates.com) and make sure you enter in the description that you want to purchase the Engravers Forum DVD. Please provide your shipping address as well.

Joseph Neary
12-04-2014, 9:07 AM
hi keith

wondering is it possible to send the dvd to ireland or transfer the files over dropbox or google drive if that is easier than shipping it to ireland

regards
joe

Keith Outten
12-04-2014, 1:36 PM
Joseph,

Send a Private Message to Jackie Outten and ask her to provide you with the shipping costs to send a DVD to your address. She will respond ASAP.

Using Google Drive or Dropbox would still require an upload and most of our DVD's would require excessive upload time.

Jeffrey Dewing
02-04-2015, 5:13 PM
Got mine today! All sorts of fun stuff! Thank you very much Keith.

Keith Outten
02-04-2015, 9:45 PM
Thanks Jeff, hope you enjoy the pictures and the laser engraving drawings.

Niklas Bjornestal
09-26-2016, 2:41 PM
Is it still available?

Keith Outten
09-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Requests to purchase the Engravers Forum DVD's has been near non-existent for a couple of years. Because of this we didn't extract the file attachments for 2015 this year, it takes some time to do this and for me to view every attachment to make sure that they are suitable to add to our DVD's.

Recently I had one person purchase the DVD's and because it will take some time to add the 2015 update I did a refund. I would be glad to add 2015 to the DVD if we have enough people interested, its a huge time consuming task but worth the effort if enough people re interested. Honestly I have never had anyone complain about the value of the Engravers DVD when they received it, besides all of the pictures there are lots of Corel Draw files, PDF's, and other vector graphics that make it a great asset.

I won't say that this won't happen, even if it only for my own personal use. Because its so late in the year I had planned to have Aaron extract 2015 in January when he does the 2016 file attachments.

Doug Hoffman
09-28-2016, 11:37 AM
I would be interested. I think I could wait for the 2016 files. I would appreciate your keeping me
informed of what you decide. Thanks

john passek
11-07-2017, 2:50 PM
Hi Keith
Is it possible to view what is on the CD before ordering.
Thanks for all you do.
John

Keith Outten
11-07-2017, 4:21 PM
John,

Everything on the CDs/DVDs and now thumbdrives is in our forums spread out over 2.6 million posts. The reason I produce the files on media I can ship is because there is literally tens of thousands of file attachments. A few years ago I calculated that if you looked at a picture every five seconds it would take you more than three months to see them all, of course that was all file attachments from every forum.

I just purchased several thumbdrives so I can start copying file attachments for each forum, once the update is done I will post the numbers of file attachments per forum and share the information. The last two years we have added over 50,000 attachments.

Brian Book
11-07-2017, 4:31 PM
Hello ... I would be interested purchasing a DVD for the Engraver's Forum DVD ... do you ship to Canada ?

Thank You for these efforts ! :)

Brian

john passek
11-07-2017, 7:06 PM
Wow, I knew there were a lot of attachments (Files) but didn't realize that many.
Where do you find time to do anything else.
Again thanks for all you and the others have done over the years helping us less savy people to learn.

Andre Gignac
11-14-2017, 3:41 PM
Are these DVDs still available? Can they be shipped to Alberta Canada?

Keith Outten
11-15-2017, 11:06 AM
I stopped shipping DVD's a couple years ago however I am planning to offer our file attachments once again in just a couple of weeks....this time on thumb drives.
Yes, we will ship to Canada and other countries but we will have to confirm the shipping prices on request. For the lower 48 states we will charge an average fee for shipping.

Keith Outten
11-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Here is the link to the latest thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?259361-Our-Laser-Forum-has-18-157-File-attachments-through-2016) on this topic.

There are now 18,157 file attachments in the Laser Engravers Forum, 1.64 gigabytes not including 2017 which we will add to our totals in January.

Martin Portelli
07-23-2019, 9:53 AM
Brand new member here so I'm still only dipping my toes. Last post here is from 2017 but I'll ask anyway. Are the DVD's or thumb drives still available for the Laser engraving forum? Would love to buy that! I'm in Henry, Virginia btw. Cheers.

Keith Outten
07-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Martin,

Sorry, I stopped offering the file attachment thumb drives because there just wasn't enough people who wanted them to make it worth the time. I am still downloading the files and keeping my master list updated but I have not spent the time to review the 2018 files, I may never get it done.

The file attachments in our archives were over 25 gigabytes at the end of 2017. I have no idea how much it will grow when I add the attachments from 2019 the first week of January. I have been using the 2018 files for my own personal use over the last couple of weeks, mostly looking for Hall of Fame projects.

Let me correct myself, I have reviewed both the Laser and CNC files. I look at them first since I have personal interest in both these forums.

Martin Portelli
07-24-2019, 1:10 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. The amount of work that must entail with that whole project has to be insane and I can understand why you stopped. As I mentioned earlier, I'm new to this forum and a little overwhelmed with the knowledge base in here. I find myself reading posts and many times getting stumped on what exactly everyone is talking about. But that's ok. I've been engraving with my trusty Gravograph M20 Jewel for almost 10 years now. I bought my laser about two months ago and have been steadily switching from the M20 to the laser. I mostly engrave/Mark jewelry. Rings to be more specific. My question is, where can I find tutorials in regards to using a laser for jewelry? Does it even exist?

Chris DeGerolamo
07-24-2019, 9:40 PM
Martin, Youtube may be a good resource to see machines in action. Same with Facebook and other socials. What I have found is many folks use differing means to get the same ends. By watching machine movements, times, loops/passes, you can get a really good idea of what settings to apply to different jobs. Keep reading, it'll stick sooner rather than later. :)

Keith Outten
07-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Martin,

Don't feel bad, there are some very advanced laser operators here and I admit that there are times when I have problems following some of their discussions. Like you I have to read the posts several times and often take some time to think about the techniques I see here. The light bulb will often come on but when it doesn't I simply jump back in the thread and ask for clarification. Even so I have been stumped more times than I like to admit :)

Keith Outten
07-25-2019, 11:06 AM
There is always a possibility that I will resume offering file attachments so keep your eyes open.

Martin Portelli
07-25-2019, 5:02 PM
Thanks Keith. I didn't even think about Facebook. Trying to join a couple of groups right now. I might ask a couple of questions in the "Laser Engraving General Topics" thread...unless you think I should post elsewhere? It's to do with engraving the whole inside of a ring with a heartbeat (EKG) Vector. My end result is a jumbled mess.

Nick Keith
08-25-2020, 12:43 AM
There is always a possibility that I will resume offering file attachments so keep your eyes open.

Any chance you may resume this? I would love to buy this from you or someone else. Can send money today.

Thanks,
Nick

Keith Outten
08-25-2020, 11:04 AM
If at least a dozen people want to order the Laser Form file attachments I will take the time to review them and get the files ready to copy. They would be shipped on thumb drives so I would need to get a current price before I can give you an exact cost. I have to review both 2017, 2018 and 2019 to complete the current file list. The 2020 file extraction will be done the first week of January 2021.

Bert Kemp
09-24-2020, 1:47 AM
Thread bump , so are you taking orders or a head count or do we just wait till Jan?

Robert Mangas
09-24-2020, 8:18 AM
In, depending on cost of course.

Keith Outten
09-24-2020, 2:00 PM
Head count, just need to know that enough people want the files so I don't waste my time.
The cost should be very reasonable, I will check the current cost of thumb drives and post the cost if we have enough people.

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-24-2020, 4:12 PM
Count us in.

Alan Carrier
09-25-2020, 7:42 AM
I'm interested.

Joe Adams
09-25-2020, 11:27 PM
Me, too please!

roger wiegand
09-26-2020, 7:20 AM
yes! (plus characters to get me to 10)

Cad Jones
12-26-2020, 10:29 PM
I'm in too, if still doing in Jan.

Bert Kemp
12-27-2020, 2:47 AM
Keith will the flash drive be organized like all CDR's in folder, DXF in a folder ect or will it just be everything globed together

Keith Outten
12-27-2020, 2:05 PM
The file attachment looks like this:

The list is not by file type but its easy to search the list by file type in most operating systems.
I'll check on the local price for thumb drives and let everyone know what the cost will be ASAP.

Keith Outten
12-27-2020, 2:07 PM
We are so close to being able to download the 2020 files I will wait until after the first of the year to review the files and share the information.

Keith Outten
01-12-2021, 11:18 AM

Just finished going through last years file attachments, the pic above is the current status for 2003 though 2020.
Here is the folder list.

I shared a pic of the file listing in an earlier post.
Note that in most of the older folders you will find some real treasures. In the past a lot of people here shared project files and drawings, the last few years most of the attachments are hardware/problem related pics. One of these years if I live long enough I intend to extract all of the drawings, PDF's and other vector files from every folder.

Rob Damon
01-12-2021, 8:14 PM
I might have missed it, but did you ever figure out a price for this treasure trove?
You said something about pricing out thumb drives I believe.

Keith Outten
01-13-2021, 11:37 AM
I have found thumb drives for ten bucks but I am still looking for a better deal if I buy them in volume.
I will make those of you who have already posted in this thread an offer...you send me a thumb drive and paid shipping envelope and I will copy for free untill the first of February.

eugene thomas
01-13-2021, 12:18 PM
i am intrester. getting lazer in few months.

Rob Damon
01-13-2021, 3:49 PM
Keith,
We are going to be running up your way to go to the Home depot in Gloucester this weekend.

Can I drop off a Thumb drive on my way up at your door step or if you prefer social distancing, I can just mail it?
Rob

Ron Selzer
01-13-2021, 4:10 PM
I have found thumb drives for ten bucks but I am still looking for a better deal if I buy them in volume.
I will make those of you who have already posted in this thread an offer...you send me a thumb drive and paid shipping envelope and I will copy for free untill the first of February.

How about $2.49 for 16gb with reasonable shipping based on how much you buy?
https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=0&NTT=THUMB+DRIVE&NTK=all&sortby=pricelow

Ron

Sam Larter
01-13-2021, 6:52 PM
I would like to get one too if possible.

Mike Truhn
01-13-2021, 7:26 PM
Count be in also

Scott Rathburn
01-13-2021, 7:50 PM
I would also be interested in the files.
Thanks Scott

Rich Harman
01-13-2021, 9:46 PM

If there is no charge for the files why not put them up on DropBox (or other cloud storage service)? You could password protect the file in order to maintain control of who gets to use it, and you could remove the file at anytime.

Bert Kemp
01-13-2021, 10:01 PM
I really think we all need to get what Keith is offering at what ever price he's thinks is reasonable . He's put a lot on time and work into finding the files , and getting them out of the threads. A few bucks for his time and it all goes to the cost of running the creek .JMHO

Keith Outten
01-14-2021, 10:55 AM
Rob Damon, your welcome to drop by but give me a call to let me know when you are going to be here. PM sent with phone number.

Rich Harman, will DropBox allow a file over 20 gig?

Ron Selzer, I will check out your link. I am swamped today but I will check it out tonight.

You can get my address from the Donate button on the blue menu at the top of any page. The same address you would send a check to.

Bert, thanks but since there will be so few people asking for the laser files I am happy to copy them for free.

Joe Adams
01-14-2021, 3:18 PM
Will DropBox allow a file over 20 gig?

I just checked and the basic free account only gives you 2GB of storage.

They have a promo that provides an extra 25GB of free storage for the first year but they charge to keep it after that.

Rich Harman
01-14-2021, 8:16 PM

The max size for a single file is 50 GB, of course you need to have an account that supports that much space, the free accounts are limited to 2GB.

I have 5GB available that you are welcome to use if needed, the post you made a couple days ago indicated that the files totaled 2.05GB in size.

Dropbox offers extra space to new accounts via referrals. I Believe it is an extra 500 MB for both the new user and the person providing the referral.

You could use my referral link to gain the extra space necessary for the 2.05 GB of files.

http://db.tt/h8GvjqO3 I fully expect this link to be removed, I don't think that I qualify for the extra space anymore (I've maxed out) but it should still work for the new user.

Steve Utick
01-15-2021, 11:04 AM

As stated by someone else, the max file size for DropBox is 50 Gig per file.

I have a paid DropBox account with 2TB of storage, and would be happy to host the file for you if you wish as well.

Robert Mangas
01-16-2021, 9:23 AM
I'd certainly be willing to kick in to pay for Dropbox if that were necessary.

Kenneth Batten
01-21-2021, 6:22 AM
I'd be interested as well!

Keith Outten
01-21-2021, 9:00 AM
I have not forgotten you guys, been working overtime on a sign project that I hope to finish today.

Ernest Martin
01-21-2021, 8:53 PM
I would also be interested in purchasing a thumb drive

John Fogal
03-18-2021, 3:45 PM
I would be interested too.

John Fogal
03-18-2021, 3:46 PM
I would be interested too!

Eric Gibson
03-14-2022, 11:53 AM
Bump! I too would be interested. Has there been any resolution to this?

Keith Outten
03-15-2022, 11:41 AM
Let me think about this guys its been a long time since I made this offer. I can probably find the time to get some thumb drives made but my spare time right now is very limited.