PDA

View Full Version : Speedy 300 first projects.

Steve Crawford
03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Whilst these might not be much to you guys, I'm very pleased with some of my first attempts. Sold my first chopping board today...

Cheers, Steve

Jason Hilton
03-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Very nice!

Bert Kemp
03-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Steve nice start, is this your first laser experience? Your going to have a ball burning stuff.

Jiten Patel
03-13-2014, 2:33 PM
Steve, great work. Looks very clean and clear.

Just a small thing on that chopping board, the design doesn't seem centre. Maybe you could have marked with a pencil the dead centre and positioned the laser head there....then centred your artwork to the head to get it bang on.

Steve Crawford
03-13-2014, 3:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys... Yes Bert, it's my first three days working with any laser equipment, I'm trying out lots of different items and designs. But I'm a fast learner. :)

Jit, you're right it should have been done like that. In fact I didn't know you could do it that way in JC until you mentioned it now - but it is obvious... Doh! I was trying to line it up in the corner of the bed, but of course it has curved edges so it was really difficult. I've just tried lining something up centrally to the pointer and it works like a dream... Thank you so much for that tip. It is a learning process still... Like I said I've only been using it for under three days :)

Cheers, Steve

Mark Sipes
03-13-2014, 3:24 PM
Just remember, to your customers "You are the Expert" 3 days or 3 years keep learning..... and oh ya... Have fun!

Jiten Patel
03-14-2014, 5:24 AM
No worries Steve - for three days, thats impressive work. You will learn something everyday with these machines.