PDA

View Full Version : fix an engraveable pen?

Tammy Peruski
03-12-2014, 5:04 PM
I had engraved some pens for a customer and he has changed his phone number, but still has a box full of pens with the old number......Is there a way to "fix" them and have them still look good???? tried doing "X" over the old number and putting the new number underneath, but lining it up perfect if VERY hard.....

Thanks!

Pete James
03-12-2014, 8:50 PM
Your best option is to find a customer with some $$$

Bert Kemp
03-12-2014, 8:57 PM
You might try to laser out the old number by making a rectangle black out then laser in the new number in the rectangle, won't look great and probably not cost effective for the customer. Guess he wasn't thinking when he changed his number huh

Mike Null
03-12-2014, 9:29 PM
It's not likely but it would help to know the material.

Mike Troncalli
03-13-2014, 1:40 AM
You might try to laser out the old number by making a rectangle black out then laser in the new number in the rectangle, won't look great and probably not cost effective for the customer. Guess he wasn't thinking when he changed his number huh

Actually, Bert has the start of a good idea. Do as he says and laser out a rectangle to black out the number. Do a thick color fill inside the entire area and then come back and re-engrave the new number

Jeff Belany
03-13-2014, 2:31 PM
In my experience (16 years), trying to block out the old info might work but adding new info over that rarely does work. Plus, on a pen, you have very little material to work with. Not many pens have enough 'meat' to allow a double burn. Just my $ .02

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

andrew zen
03-13-2014, 7:22 PM
Transfer the number to a VOIP provider like flowroute.com and have them forward the number to the new number for $1.99 a month.

Or transfer to floroute and keep the number.

There are options for the owner.