PDA

View Full Version : Any good Father's Day gifts?

Donnie Raines
06-20-2005, 8:52 AM
No wood related stuff this year. I did get a package deal to the local spa for a deep tissue Swedish massage, some sort of facial healing(I think there are some sort of "fancy" rocks involved) and a hair cut.

What did you pick up?

Bob Nieman
06-20-2005, 9:33 AM
A Mk.II Honing Guide from Lee Valley is enroute, so I'll have fewer excuses for not learning how to sharpen my chisels ;). A couple of books as well. When I got back from a week at scout camp, this was waiting for me:
quiltedm.jpg

(let's pretend there is a picture of some bookmatched quilted maple I won at an internet auction site from my favorite seller. I don't see a picture in the preview)

Bob Winkler
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Got a nice Craftsman Pneumatic 1/2" stapler. Will make installing insulation much less tiring for the addition I'm building my daughter.

Scott Coffelt
06-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Actually, I asked to receive nothing. I got some nice cards and spent the day with family. All I could ask for.

Donnie Raines
06-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Actually, I asked to receive nothing. I got some nice cards and spent the day with family. All I could ask for.

Thats what I ask for too.....but they always go out and "do something"... :rolleyes:

Kevin Beck
06-20-2005, 11:22 AM
I've been too busy with the bathroom remodel to figure out what I wanted. I'm leaning towards a new gas grill (Weber Genesis Silver B). I've used the "nothing" request in the past and meant it. I found out this year that when my wife says "nothing" she really means something :confused:

My kids bought me a few music CDs that I enjoyed on my 4 hour round trip to see my dad yesterday.

Kevin

Stefan Antwarg
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Got a nice Craftsman Pneumatic 1/2" stapler. Will make installing insulation much less tiring for the addition I'm building my daughter.

That's cool

Next year for Mother's day you should return the favor and buy your wife a brand new vacume with all the bells and whistles to clean the addition. :)

Isn't it funny that it just doesn't work like that. Reminds me of the scene from Father of the Bride where the girl gets a blender from her fiancee and gets pissed about it.

Stefan

Jerry Clark
06-20-2005, 1:38 PM
I did not receive any tangible gifts, just a lot of love from my six great kids and bunch of grandkids. One daughter just returned from North Carolina where she had a stem cell transplant and is breast cancer free after many operations. The best gifts of all! :)

Chris Padilla
06-20-2005, 4:40 PM
The gift I got was: Time. :) Time to finish my garage floor while the wife fed and watered me as needed and took care of the kid. :)

Tyler Howell
06-20-2005, 4:51 PM
Good food and company with the family:cool:

Kevin Arceneaux
06-20-2005, 9:01 PM
hitachi P13F Planer and 2 40" Bessy's

John Miliunas
06-20-2005, 9:06 PM
A movie and a watch, which hangs from a belt loop. ( I actually requested the latter, as I can't seem to fit my regular watch over the bandages!:rolleyes: ) Spent some great time relaxing with wife and daughter #2. Nice day, in all!:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
06-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Great day with the total family!! Weather cooperated for the cookout. Most of my gifts were non-WWing but my son did give me a $100 Borg certificate. The best gift was being together and sharing a great time.

Jerry Olexa
06-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Forgot to mention. LOML got me a can of pepper spray :) for my next encounter with a coyote (separate thread) or maybe she meant the insurance adjuster...:)

Joseph O'Leary
06-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Sounds dumb but last year it struck me that my sons (4 and 2 yrs. old) are the reason I get to be a main attraction on Fathers Day. So every year I get them a Fathers Day gift. This year it was a chrome ships bell that I mounted at the top of the rope ladder on their playset.
On some great recommendations from this forum I got a Porter Cable 324mag CS in May as an early Fathers Day gift. The saw was used to build the playset.

Frank Hagan
06-21-2005, 12:15 AM
My daughter emailed me an Amazon.com gift certificate which I promptly converted into some much needed router bits from Woodline (who sells through Amazon.com now). Trouble is, I ended up spending more than the gift certificate ... :rolleyes:

John Hart
06-21-2005, 6:46 AM
I asked that nobody get me anything...That would be the perfect gift as I feel that too much money is spent these days on gifts and there are just too many "occasions". My wishes were honored and I'm very pleased. They did make a nice dinner and we watched two movies together. Pretty nice.

Joe Lenox
06-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I not only had a wonderful day with the wife and Kids (and all the Grandkids (7)
But I got a very BIG surprise from my Wife....She got me a new Uni-Saw with the mobile base...needless to say I was floored.

Donnie Raines
06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
I not only had a wonderful day with the wife and Kids (and all the Grandkids (7)
But I got a very BIG surprise from my Wife....She got me a new Uni-Saw with the mobile base...needless to say I was floored.

Now thats a gloat....particularly as a father's day gift!!...good for you! :)

Lee Schierer
06-22-2005, 1:27 PM
My daughter gave me a ride on the Brig Niagara, a reconstructed replia of the Ship used to defeat the British on Lake Erie in the war of 1812. This was a 6 hour hands on cruise on the lake under sail.Brig Niagara (http://www.brigniagara.org/)

Matt Meiser
06-22-2005, 3:51 PM
I got a cappuccino machine, nothing like Jim Becker's and Mark Singer's, but nice note the less.

Michael Gibbons
06-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I can make up more reasons to get stuff than my LOML can stand. I ordered a set of 6 LN chisels that I should of got for my birthday (May 31st) but didn't show upon time. So I figured they would be here by fathers day, but not yet. I also ordered a LN 4 1/2 smoother. Backordered. What I managed to get are two LN straight handled dovetail saws, a LN dovetail marker and a Delta air cleaner with remote. When my chisels and plane finally get here I will consider this fathers day to be a great haul.:D

Mark Patoka
06-23-2005, 1:30 PM
My boys gave me a light that attaches to my grill making sure those late night brats are always cooked to perfection. Thanks to my wife, there is a new Woodpeckers router tabletop and plungelift headed my way.

Roy Wall
06-23-2005, 6:54 PM
I can make up more reasons to get stuff than my LOML can stand. I ordered a set of 6 LN chisels that I should of got for my birthday (May 31st) but didn't show upon time. So I figured they would be here by fathers day, but not yet. I also ordered a LN 4 1/2 smoother. Backordered. What I managed to get are two LN straight handled dovetail saws, a LN dovetail marker and a Delta air cleaner with remote. When my chisels and plane finally get here I will consider this fathers day to be a great haul.:D

Michael,
You are going to love that order---------especially the LN 4.5!!!!!