PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw advice

John Coloccia
03-12-2014, 11:54 AM
What's the best bandsaw to get for two newborn twin girls? Should I get cast iron wheels? I'm looking for something that isn't too tall because they're still kind of short...not real coordinated yet either.

Pat Barry
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Congratulations John! Not sure Fischer Price or Little Tykes has a bandsaw offering

Paul McGaha
03-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Congratulations John,

Really cool having a set of twins. My wife and I had twin boys, They're 30 years old now.

PHM

David Weaver
03-12-2014, 2:19 PM
Marx ....three phase!

Mel Fulks
03-12-2014, 3:46 PM
Congratulations! I would just hold off on buying the saw as they might change their minds.

Raymond Fries
03-12-2014, 4:27 PM
Congratulations on the new twins John!! Welcome to the DAD club. That is awesome. Got pictures for the gloat?

Enjoy Life...

Myk Rian
03-12-2014, 4:36 PM
Vintage Delta 10".
Congrats from a Great Poppy.

Brian W Smith
03-12-2014, 4:43 PM
It depends on whether they're identical or not?.....haha.

Dang man,the story's I can tell about IT's.......our "middle" boys were so close that,and I don't care what the wife says.......WE couldn't tell them apart!!!Here's a classic that you sort of need to know about IT's;It'll never fail,you'll be at a store or something,and they're in a dbl brrld stroller and inevitably someone asks if they're twins.......my wife wouldn't skip a beat,"no,they're 5 months apart".

Ours were/are so close that when growing up,...at the dentist,they'd have the same size cavities,in exactly...the same tooth.The dentist never got tired of pointing that out.

The names they go by are...Cam & Hunt.Sort of short for "Camo-Hunter"....which was/is a famous Easton arrow shaft.They're all grown up now,PHD's....it's been one of God's gifts to not only wifey and me but also their contribution to society.The very best of luck with your girls!!You and your wife are in for quite a ride.....and I mean that in the very bestest of ways!

Rich Riddle
03-12-2014, 5:06 PM
They are a bit young for a band saw, but here is a good set of tools and they were mine.

Brian Kent
03-12-2014, 5:18 PM
Buy any bandsaw now, but no blades until they are 21.

John Coloccia
03-12-2014, 5:56 PM
We didn't want to know the genders so we're not sure if they're identical or not. That's a question for the doctor when he shows up.

Brian Ashton
03-12-2014, 6:13 PM
Well there's no other choice but to get two bandsaws. Can't have one feeling left out or have them fighting over the one now can you.

Mel Fulks
03-12-2014, 6:14 PM
Heard on the radio. A guy who was about to become father of twins was called by wife's doctor and told that the sonogram showed that "the large organs show you are going to have two sons". A while later he gets another call."we made a mistake . It's two girls with very big noses. I'd start saving money for plastic surgery ". Joke was made possible by the mom with the help of disc jockey on live show.

John Coloccia
03-13-2014, 5:23 AM
Got pictures for the gloat?

No pics, didn't happen...I know, I know. I don't have any yet, but I will at some point. Daddy's a little busy running back and forth while mommy is recovering and kids are resting comfortably in the NICU for a week or 2. I had a nice plan and timeline that absolutely no one paid attention to, so I have a bit of catching up to do now :)

Rich Engelhardt
03-13-2014, 8:35 AM
I had a nice plan and timeline that absolutely no one paid attention to, so I have a bit of catching up to do now :)LOL! Now that's funny!
(& I'm laughing w/you not @ you ;) )

Patrick McCarthy
03-13-2014, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE= I had a nice plan and timeline that absolutely no one paid attention to, :)[/QUOTE]

That, my friend, will be your new "normal". Better forget about spontaneity too. CONGRATS, you are starting the BEST of adventures. Hope mom and daughters are doing well.

best personal wishes and congratulations,Patrick

Phil Thien
03-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Congratulations! Twins = awesome. I cannot imagine the joy of TWO babies coming at the same time.

Julie Moriarty
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Congratulations John! I think I found the missing pics of your girls
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/jules42651/babygirlguitar_zps71ff3b3d.jpghttp://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/jules42651/babygirlguitar_zps71ff3b3d.jpg

John Coloccia
03-13-2014, 1:07 PM
ROFLMAO.

Well played, Julie :)

John Coloccia
04-14-2014, 6:51 PM
Rachael on the left...Anna on the right. Daddy hiding under the bed with a blanket over his head. Clothes courtesy of Julie Moriarty. We had to wait for them gain just a pound to fit, Julie. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2014, 7:09 PM
Congratulations Dad!

ken masoumi
04-14-2014, 8:37 PM
John I'm happy for you,Congratulations.
You are one lucky man.for your next project I suggest this:
http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/292924.jpg

Jim Rimmer
04-15-2014, 1:23 PM
Congratulations, John. Happy Days! :D

Doug Ladendorf
04-15-2014, 2:23 PM
Congrats John! My wife refers to parenting as "the toughest job you'll ever love."

May I suggest the Easy-Bake Bandsaw (courtesy of OWWM.org)

paul cottingham
04-15-2014, 3:55 PM
Congratulations, dad. You think you know how it will feel being a father, but it is nothing like you expected. It's way better. For you x2!

Shawn Pixley
04-15-2014, 5:45 PM
Congratulations John! Will they be allowed to date in your lifetime?

John Coloccia
04-15-2014, 6:49 PM
Congratulations John! Will they be allowed to date in your lifetime?

Of course they will. I've even started naming some of the more common items around my house in preparation. I have a little pellet gun around here somewhere...I've named him "Freshman Year". There's a wee little 1911 on my hip right now...his name is, "Jerk with the loud car". I've got a nice BT-99 that I call, "Senior Prom"...they squirm more at that age, but I'll wager he's still bigger, closer and moves slower than a clay pigeon.

Fiance is going to need chaf and flares, but if they're good little girls they'll decide to marry a couple of nice engineers that can improvise something, and if not...well, let's just say it's win-win either way.

Rod Sheridan
04-16-2014, 9:23 AM
What's the best bandsaw to get for two newborn twin girls? Should I get cast iron wheels? I'm looking for something that isn't too tall because they're still kind of short...not real coordinated yet either.

Well John, obviously you need a twin blade saw............DUH.

Congratulations John, hope everyone is doing well.

Wow, you're making me feel old, it's been 27 years since had a baby in the house...........Rod.

Shawn Pixley
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Of course they will. I've even started naming some of the more common items around my house in preparation. I have a little pellet gun around here somewhere...I've named him "Freshman Year". There's a wee little 1911 on my hip right now...his name is, "Jerk with the loud car". I've got a nice BT-99 that I call, "Senior Prom"...they squirm more at that age, but I'll wager he's still bigger, closer and moves slower than a clay pigeon.

Snort, there goes my coffee...

Patrick McCarthy
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
John, congrats to you and mom. Rachael and Anna are darling. You have no idea how good some of the simple things will be. Children really do put out lives in perspective. Will be hectic at times, but it is all good. Z'all good! Hang on and relish the ride.

best regards, Patrick

Frederick Skelly
04-17-2014, 7:07 AM
Congratulations John!

Ole Anderson
04-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Shameless gloat. Congrats man! Every great accomplishment deserves a new tool as a reward...

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2014, 8:41 PM
Bandsaw?

BANDSAW?????

You cheap rascal.

What you obviously meant to ask about was a matched pair of Klaus & Pedder Tenon Saws.

Which you get to use for the next decade +.

Congrats, BTW.

Julie Moriarty
04-26-2014, 2:34 PM

Fiance is going to need chaf and flares, but if they're good little girls they'll decide to marry a couple of nice engineers that can improvise something, and if not...well, let's just say it's win-win either way.

A guy I worked with told me a funny story.

"One day some shady looking kid shows up at the door and says he's here to pick up his date, my daughter. I take one look at him and I wasn't too happy. But before I could say anything, my daughter comes bounding down the steps and leaves with the kid. When she gets back home, I told next time I'd like to meet the young man. ;)

The next date was for homecoming. My daughter was still getting ready when the kid arrives. I was prepared.

I let the kid in and invite him into the living room. On the ottoman in front of my big chair I have my thirty-ought-six laid out for cleaning. I pointed to a chair across from me, without saying a word. I sat down and started cleaning the gun. As I was cleaning, I'd look up at him, clean some more and look at him again. This went on for about 20 minutes. When my daughter finally came down, the kid practically flew out the door. I never saw him again."

Silence is golden.