PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic model 90 bearing replacement

Bill Summerlin
03-11-2014, 9:24 PM
Broke down my model 90 and went to my local motion industries for replacement bearings, but not able to match the bearings, the guy said that the bearings were probably special made for powermatic. I do know that others on this forum have been able to find replacement bearings and I would appreciate if I could get a source for them. Thanks

Dwight Rutherford
03-11-2014, 11:23 PM
You should be able to get what you need here. http://www.vxb.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Brian Myers
03-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Whats the number on the bearings ?

Bill Summerlin
03-12-2014, 9:51 AM
Do you know of a source for replacement bearings for this machine, the local motion industries does not have one. The bearing numbers on the out board side on my machine are MRC 208FFS and on the inboard side FAFNIR with BRG and USA marked on it. I notice in the manual that the bearing part numbers are 90-105 for the outboard bearing and 90-103 for the inboard bearing. I have also seen FAFNIR 207 KLL LISTED FOR THE INBOARD BEARING. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS

Bill Summerlin
03-12-2014, 11:51 AM
I contacted them and thru chat they gave me choices based on the measurements I gave the. I would like to know what others have used successfully rather than try a hit and miss approach, so my question is what have others ordered that worked for them. Thanks for your help.