PDA

View Full Version : Vega MMK-1 mobile base....

Steve Swail
06-20-2005, 1:21 AM
Does anyone have any experience or an educated opinion on the above mentioned Vega mobile base? I've a combo J/P that I need to be able to move around and I've read a couple of favorable reviews on this model. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Steve

Chris Padilla
06-20-2005, 1:25 AM
Steve,

What combo J/P do you need mobile? What is the weight?

Jim Becker
06-20-2005, 9:07 AM
I have the Vega machinery mover (mobile base) and use it to move my 800 lb lathe around the shop. (I remove it from that particular machine and store 'cause it would be in the way of my feet) The MMK will handle a lot of weight and has one particular feature that is wonderful...no wheels touch the floor when you are not actively moving the machine with the Johnson bar. Putting your combo J/P on on would essentially duplicate the factory setup on my MiniMax FS350 J/P combo and that has worked well and is convenient.

Phil Maddox
06-20-2005, 7:46 PM
I have the Vega mobile base under my 300lb planer and it works like a charm. I like the fact that it does not raise the tool up in the air. Easy to steer and when you're done, just set it down, no levelers to fool with.

Phil

Mike Weaver
10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm getting a used 20" planer (VERY similar to the Yorkie and the Jet JW208 I think) and the Vega MMK looks good since it'll be ~750 lbs

2 Questions - can I get away with the MMK-1 or do I need the MMK-2?
(it'll do 13 to 28 inches wide 17 to 29 long)

And, where's the best place to get it?
Amazon has stopped carrying it.

Thanks!
-Mike