PDA

View Full Version : Contest entry submittal

Gary Hair
03-10-2014, 2:30 PM
The photo was scanned from the original taken in 1947. There was a lot of touch up and cleanup, all done in photopaint. I used PhotoGRAV 2.xx and tweaked the settings to get it just right. I lasered it onto a 12" x 12" granite tile with my GCC Explorer ZX, 30 watt, 40 ips - I used 100 speed and 40 power, two passes. The engraving was enhanced with silver rub-n-buff. These are my parents so the piece is very special to me.

Mike Null
03-10-2014, 3:43 PM
Gary

Very nice.

Will you repost it in the contest entry thread that's marked by a sticky.

thanks,

Gary Hair
03-11-2014, 5:21 PM
Mike,
I'm not sure exactly where we are supposed to be posting entries. There are a couple in the thread that Keith started and there is at least one in another sticky then there are two others, including mine, that are individual posts. The original thread makes it sound like the entries are supposed to be in their own thread, that's why I created the thread I did, but I'm not really sure. I just don't want anyone, myself included, to post in the wrong place and not be considered for the contest.

Gary

Keith Outten
03-11-2014, 5:26 PM
Gary,

I will move all of the contest submittals into one thread before we start judging. The reason I asked everyone to use the Contest Submittal topic is so I wouldn't miss and of the entries.

Gary Hair
03-11-2014, 8:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation Keith